We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip Line Tours

Atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
Zip Line Tours

I am currently trying to plan a trip to zip line in North Carolina. I have found two tours that seems to be the best, Navitat in Asheville and Zipquest Waterfall and Treetop Adventure in Fayetteville. Are there any zip line enthusiasts that can give me a comparison or a recommendation?

Thank you in advance!

Rebecca

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip Line Tours

In Fayetteville, NC??!!! Really?? Is the zipline there? I'm not aware of any natural waterfalls in Fayetteville. Well, I looked it up and you learn something new everyday!

But still, of those two choices go to Asheville for sure!! There are tons more ziplines than that, though. I can't give you a recommendation on any of them, but it seems like I read about a new one every day or see a billboard for one. There are several up in the Boone/Blowing Rock area, too, and I know there are several in the Asheville area.

St Louis
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip Line Tours

We were just at Navitat in Asheville and I must say it was great!! The tour guides were very good. Safety was priority number one with this company. There wasn't any time we felt unsafe. The tour guides were great. They were very friendly as they explaned the tour and the procedure to zip. It was almost like they were a guest just like we were but all along they did not miss anything when it came to safety. The zip lines were high and fast. It was alot of fun. I highly recommend Navitat in Asheville. They also offered a discount package for the LaZoom bus tour in Asheville for only ten dollors more ($99 total for the complete package) which was very entertaining as well. When we go back we will use Navitat again.

Edited: 13 August 2011, 06:40
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip Line Tours

Hawknestzipline.com off #105 in Seven Devils, Nc.

Scream Time Zipline

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip Line Tours

Have to agree with queeni- 's recommendation! Hawksnest! http://hawksnestzipline.com/default.php

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip Line Tours

You really don't want to go to Fayetteville for your vacation. The website makes that look like a very nice zipline, though. There's just not anything else touristy about the area unless you're a big military fan and would like to see the 82nd Airborne Museum.

In the Asheville or Boone areas you'll find tons of stuff to do when you're not zipping.

Check out this link for a listing of NC zip lines

ziplinerider.com/North_Carolina_Ziplines.html

Wanted to add that the Hawksnest zipline is built on former ski runs, so it goes over more open land than the Navitat one looks like. You can go to the various websites and view videos online. If you're looking for a canopy tour you might want to do the Navitat one or the Nantahala one in Bryson City. If you'd like really open views you might opt for Hawksnest or Scream Time near Boone. Scream Time's claim to fame is speed also.

hth

Edited: 15 August 2011, 03:40
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
280 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip Line Tours

This answer may be too late for you, but there is a zipline that opened last year in Kersey Valley (near High Point/Greensboro); www.kerseyvalley.com. The owners are best known for having Spookywoods, one of the top 10 spooky places in the country for Halloween and there are some combined packages around that time.

7. Re: Zip Line Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 20:16