We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Venues

Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Venues

Does anyone know a wedding venue that caters to having the ceremony by a natural waterfall?

Second choice would be a beautiful mountain view.

This a favorite spot for bride and groom, and would love their special day to be in the mountains by Brevard, Hendersonville or Ashville.

Thanks, for any replies.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Venues

Switzerland Inn in Little Switzerland does weddings on their lawn. Gorgeous view. I have never attended a wedding there (just saw them setting up) so I do know know what kind of job they do.

http://www.switzerlandinn.com/

Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Venues

Thanks, I will look that venue up on the internet.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Venues

There is a beautiful small outdoor chapel called Pretty Place at Camp Greenville just into SC near Cedar Mountain, NC. Wonderful setting and view. Alot of weddings are done there.

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
702 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Venues

Yes, Art is right on with Pretty Place.

Also, there is the English Chapel in Pisgah Forest near Brevard. It's a really cute, small, historic Methodist church literally right in the woods near the Davidson River Campground. Looking Glass Falls is just up the road (convenient for photos afterward).

Without getting into too much drama, I was supposed to get married there in 2008 and back then, while you had to reserve well in advance and get permission from the church, they did let anyone - regardless of religious affiliation - get married there.

Let me know if you'd like more info. Good luck!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Venues

They allow weddings at Dupont State Forest but its a bit of a walk to be near either Triple Falls or Hooker Falls. Pisgah Inn is a mountain ridge setting . Highland Lake Inn is very well-versed in weddings.

6. Re: Wedding Venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2012, 10:21