We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for buffet or brunch?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
224 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best for buffet or brunch?

Looking for suggestions on the best restaurants for a brunch or lunch buffet within an hours drive from Asheville. Read reviews on Pisgah Inn and Grove Park Inn saying the food is not great. A view would be a bonus though. We are 3 adults and 2 children. We would like to go on Easter Sunday.

Thanks

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for buffet or brunch?

Sunday Brunch at the Grove Park Inn has always been very popular, and the view there is one of a kind. It's been a few years since we had brunch there but it was Exceptional!; the food, the view, the hotel...just wonderful! I've read they do even more for the holiday brunches and I believe they also have Easter eggs hunts and other activities for the kids on Easter Sunday. I looked over reviews of the Blue Ridge Dining Room (that's the restaurant that does the Sunday brunch...there are several restaurants at the Inn) and the reviews referring to the Sunday brunch were mostly 5 star; the majority of the lesser reviews were complaining mostly about price. It is very expensive, but it is a special occasion type experience, a gorgeous historic hotel, fantastic views, and a massive well-done collection of food. groveparkinn.com/ResourceFiles/pdf/2012-East…

That's where I would go for a special Easter Sunday brunch with a great view. I think most reviews I've read support my choice.

Other than that, if you want a great view, why not pick up some fresh fruit, cheeses, fresh baked breads, etc.(or one of the local delis and/or bakeries could probably prepare something nice to go for you) and head for the Blue Ridge Parkway for a picnic brunch....talk about great views! :)

2. Re: Best for buffet or brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:40