We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

Wainwright...
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

Our trip plans are coming along. We will be heading into Washington from Abbottsford BC. Our first night in Seattle at the Meditteranean Inn, tour space needle, Pike's Place and take in a mariner's game. Next day, on to Portland to the Fairfield Inn - head east to take in the falls, then back to Portland to shop tax free. Next morning, go out to Roloff Farms for a photo op, even if it's just with the sign. Carry on to Forest Grove for daughter to tour the University and continue on to the Coast. Decided on Seaside at the Inn of the Four Winds. Arrive Wed noonish and leave Saturday morning.

Looking for great ideas in those locations other than what we have listed above.

On Saturday, head north. We have decided to travel the west side of the OP as I have two twilight fans and they have just discovered where Forks is on the map. What do we need to see along the trip? We think that is a long enough drive for one day and to take in all the twilight spots, should spend that night in Forks. Forks Motel or Pacific Inn Motel? Where to have supper?

Next day, on to Port Angeles, catch the ferry to Victoria and spend a week on the Island with family.

Looking forward to your replies!

Mentioned in this post
Washington Park
Washington Park
1,251 Reviews
Portland, OR
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Roloff Farms
Roloff Farms
71 Reviews
Hillsboro, OR
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

I'll throw in my $.02; you can decide whether it's US or CAD. ;-)

If any of these stores appeal to you - www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp… - Troutdale's Outlet Stores would be a convenient place to stop for that tax-free shopping.

Next day, since you'll be leaving from Forest Grove, consider taking hwy 6 to the coast instead of 26. Less traffic, and better scenery along the Wilson River. Plus, if you haven't already seen enough of them, a baby waterfall: http://www.pbase.com/smg9774/favorites . That route adds 45-50 minutes to your drive, but the payoff could be an ice cream cone at Tillamook Cheese Factory. And you'd have a better basis for deciding what spots along the coast you might want to return to during the stay in Seaside. Which, at the least, I'd think would include Cannon Beach and Ecola State Park.

On Saturday, after flying balsa-wood airplanes from the top of the Astor Column, cross THE BRIDGE, and take the short detour out to Cape Disappointment State Park, near Ilwaco, WA. The park's North Head Lighthouse has a particularly dramatic setting, and the view from the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center is the best of any of the mouth of the Columbia River.

My daughter is a Twilight fan too, but we have yet to make the Pilgrimage, so I can't help you there.

Edited: 20 May 2010, 00:18
Mentioned in this post
Tillamook Cheese Factory
Tillamook Cheese Factory
2,433 Reviews
Tillamook, OR
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
Ecola State Park
Ecola State Park
1,530 Reviews
Cannon Beach, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

Oops! That baby waterfall link should have been http://www.pbase.com/smg9774/image/40203739 .

Scappoose, Oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

I live near Roloff Farms and I just wanted to give you a heads up, it is not open year round. If you decide to take a look, you will probably only get the sign because their property has a huge gate around it. AND if you go, stop by Halvetia Tavern, about a block from the Roloff Farm. The best burgers I have ever ate!!

I LOVE TWILIGHT!! If you guys see or find anything cool in Forks, can you please let me know. I am trying to plan a road trip there myself. : )

Wainwright...
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

thanks for the tip! We will definitely check out the Tavern - depending on what time of day we hit the farm. If we are only taking a picture, it will be early!

5. Re: travel from Seaside to Forks, WA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:31