We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

We are desperate for the ocean and are wanting to take a weekend trip to the Southern Oregon Coast from Jacksonville. Any suggestions for which beach has the best weather in March? We were thinking Bandon or Coos Bay. We are also traveling with our dog, so would need pet friendly accomodations. Yurts in winter????

Thanks Much!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

Yurts are surprisingly well insulated and warm, however, pets are only allowed in a select few Yurts in each park, so reservations are an absolute.

Bandon is a good choice. It's a nice, quaint little town with pretty scenery and good beaches. Coos Bay is inland from the ocean, so unless you were able to procure a pet-friendly Yurt at Sunset Bay State Park, which is bear the ocean, I'd stick with Bandon.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

Ran out of time to edit; Since you say you are coming from Jacksonville, I assume you'll travel to the coast on hwy 199?? If so, then I would consider Brookings before I would drive as far north as Bandon or Coos Bay.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

Check your other thread as well :-)

4. Re: Need a Beach Getaway in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:24