We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

Hi...I tend to be a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to mountain roads..I don't like steep grades, drop offs or lots of switch backs... especially in a rv...so can anyone tell me about the two roads we can take... either route 38 or route 126...any help would be greatly appreciated...

I looked at the mountain pass book I have and neither one comes up in the radar but I just want to be sure...

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

There are no "mountain passes" on either route, at least not by my definition. Our rig was only 28 feet but we had some of your same concerns. You probably don't need to hear this, but it has to be said: Be a good neighbor. We drive a sedan now, but we have carried over a habit pattern from our RV days....we hate tailgaters and will pull over onto a paved or gravel shoulder when ever we see more than a couple of cars behind us. My license plate holder used to say "I'll pull over as soon as I can," and we meant it.

Of course, there were many occasions on which we ducked into a spot just long enough for our rig to fit into, let the parade go by, and found a passing lane waiting for us a mile ahead. Grin and bear it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

Well pull over as soon as we can. Where did you get that? Would like one. We had a 26' motor home, and we sure pulled over then, and still do in our sedan. I drive close to speed limit but still don't like people behind us.

Edited: 05 May 2012, 00:06
Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

we are good neighbors...we always pull over...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,383 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

As long as the turnouts are paved ;-) We refuse to pull our 5th wheel over onto gravel since it may be potholed and very rough!

Novato, California
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

I had a simialr question, but I think it may have been answered. We are heading to Pacific City from Ashland. Looking for a nice scenic route. It sounds like taking 5 to 38 to 101 would be a safe bet. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much

T

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,383 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

Hi Theresa S and welcome to TripAdvisor. Yes, that's a pleasant and scenic drive. The only thing that would be better would be if you went from Grants Pass to Crescent City, then up the coast, but that route would add quite a bit of time to your journey!

Are you driving this in one day?

17. Re: Driving from 101 accross to Eugene, Or

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 07:15