We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th Anniversary dinner

Idaho
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
50th Anniversary dinner

We are planning a trip to the Oregon coast for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We have rented a home in Bella Beach, and are looking for the best restaurant for the Anniversary dinner.

There will be between 8-10 adults and 2 teenagers. We are willing to go either North or South of Bella Beach to Lincoln City or Newport.

Anyone have a really good recomendation? 50 years is a really big deal.

I would also consider a caterer that would set thing up at our house, but I haven't found one online as of yet.

Thanks,

Shannon

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

Where's OregonJohn? He'll tell you all about Restaurant Beck in Depoe Bay :-)

Are you looking for something **really** special? Or just a fairly nice place?

For some nice-ish places, look at:

Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay

Saffron Salmon in Newport

maybe April's in Newport

Kyllo's in Lincoln City

The Bay House Lincoln City

Fathoms Lincoln City

The above all have ocean or bay views.

Those are all that come to mind off the top of my head.

p.s. Look at Restaurant Beck too ;-)

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

Already mentioned Beck on 3 other posts on the subject. :-)

Bay House is also quite celebratory but the others, while very good, aren't what I'd considered a "special occasion" venue.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 03:06
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

That's why I asked if they wanted *really* special or just fairly nice ;-)

Why did the other threads get closed?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,824 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

The OP posted basically the same message on several Oregon city sites. Just duplication. Nothing morallly incorrect.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

I dunno Papa. Sometimes the food at Beck is sinfully decadent!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

;-)

By the way, how long in advance should they make their reservations, assuming they'll choose Beck? Darshanp doesn't say when the celebration is.

Oh, as far as caterers, the only ones I know about are Local Ocean Seafoods, and Gino's Ocean Bleu. I don't think Shirley is still in Newport, but not sure. There are probably others - don't people get caterers for weddings? - but it's not something I really notice!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

I usually make Beck reservations about a week in advance for a "regular" dinner. For their wonderful winemaker dinners, I reserve as soon as I hear about it as they sell out fast!

For a special occasion, like a 50th anniversary, I'd call them at least a couple weeks ahead of time -- especially if you have any special, specific requests.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 03:47
Idaho
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

Thanks for commenting on all of my posts. I know I probably went overkill, but I wasn't sure how specific people were on which forums they monitor. I have been to the area many times and know that the area flow from one to another so I am willing to travel to any of the areas.

I will for sure check out Beck's, it sounds like just what we may be looking for.

Idaho
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

Also, the Anniversary is not until July so I have some time, but I think that I will be in contact with Beck's very early on to make sure everything is perfect.

10. Re: 50th Anniversary dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:16