We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

We will be spending a week out west before an Alaskan cruise. Thinking of a few days in Portland and then would like to spend three nights along the coast before heading to Seattle. We like to sightsee, find interesting restaurants and meander through towns. Don't know if we should stay all three nights in one place or move around. Any suggestions as to routes, places to visit or stay would be welcome.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

Sounds like a good trip- Im assuming you mean the Oregon coast and not the Washington Coast. Hwy 101 in washington is mostly inland and beach is not that accessible. I might suggest a couple of nights on the north Oregon coast- say Cannnon Beach or Manzanita or Astoria. I would recommend stopping off at mount st helens national monument on your way between portland and seattle.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

Thanks. I do mean the Oregon coast. Any suggestions as to which of the towns you recommended may be "flatter" as my husband is disabled and we would like to be able to walk to restaurants in the evening with him using a motorized scooter.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

Seaside, Cannon Beach and Manzanita are all fairly flat near the beaches. Astoria is not right on the coast, but along the Columbia River which empties into the Pacific Ocean a little further out. Astoria also is quite hilly, although most of the lodgings are close to the flatter river area.

I don't think accesibility to restaurants would be a problem in any of those towns.

Level Contributor
34,753 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

Here in Seaside is a very nice promenade that runs along the beach. www.seasideor.com. :)

Idaho
Level Contributor
547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

If you do the Three Capes Tour you could visit Pacific City. They have a brewery/restaurant there with great view. We like to go there for lunch when we visit the Coast.

On the Three Capes Tour you will see the lighthouse at Cape Meares, Oceanside (a cute little town and beach), and Pacific City. It is a beautiful drive. Roads a little windy and bumpy though.

Have fun!

6. Re: Portlland -3 days along the coast-Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 05:17