We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phippsburg or Pemaquid for one week

New England
Level Contributor
213 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Phippsburg or Pemaquid for one week

I am renting a house next week in Mid Coast Maine - either Phippsburg near Popham Beach OR Pemaquid near Pemaquid Beach.

Which one is best? We want to go to beach, explore and do fun stuff with two kids 9 and 7.

Any preference on either area?

thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Phippsburg or Pemaquid for one week

You won't go wrong with either one. Pemaquid beach is a small, pocket beach, while Popham and nearby Reid State Park have a lot longer stretches of sand. But Popham gets very crowded and at high tide there isn't much beach. Reid has a mile beach and a half-mile beach, as well as a lagoon where the water warms in the sun.

Not far from Pemaquid is Damariscotta Lake, which is fun for swimming. The state park beach is at the Jefferson end of the lake.

There is a new family fun park called Monkey C Monkey Do in Wiscasset, which is closer to Phippsburg. It has rope climbs and zip lines and seems to be very popular. The Maine Maritime Museum is close to Phippsburg, and you can also take trolley tours of Bath Iron Works.

LL Bean in Freeport offers some fun classes/outings for families, and it's much closer to Phippsburg.

As I said, I think you'll be happy with either choice. Good luck.

New England
Level Contributor
213 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phippsburg or Pemaquid for one week

thank you so much for the input - this helps alot.

3. Re: Phippsburg or Pemaquid for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 07:16