We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to vacation in Maine

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to vacation in Maine

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for our next vacation spot in Maine for the summer? We've been to Moosehead lake region & Bar Harbor area but haven't been to Midcoast or southern coast. Any suggestion? Thanks

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

What did you like best about the Moosehead Lake and Bar Harbor areas? Knowing that would help us suggest your next spot.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

I visited coastal ME several times. I really like the Kennebunkport/Ogunquit area. There are great hotels and resorts as well as wonderful restaurants. We don't get lobster in the south like you do in ME. I had some every day. Good luck.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

I don't get on this particular forum to often but thought I would chime in on this question.........I love Boothbay!! I think it is quaint. Love the shops and restaurants. Check it out.

New England
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

Rangley is a pretty nice area to visit if you like mountains.

Camden, Maine
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

Camden has it all! Mountains for hiking and biking, lakes for swimming and fishing, and if course downtown with all it's shops and the harbor! Lots of places to stay and many many restaurants. The Windjammer fleet is pretty cool too. Lots of options to get out on the water.

Camden, Maine
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

Camden has it all! Mountains for hiking and biking, lakes for swimming and fishing, and if course downtown with all it's shops and the harbor! Lots of places to stay and many many restaurants. The Windjammer fleet is pretty cool too. Lots of options to get out on the water.

Harpswell
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

Have you checked out Harpswell and it's islands, Orr's & Bailey Islands and Cundy's Harbor, Great Island.... It's all Harpswell and it's got over 200 miles of shoreline - the longest coastline of any town in the USA. It's a quiet spot with 2 main roads in... Rte 123 and Rte 24 and the Mountain Road connects them both over a couple of bridges. There are plenty of inns and B&B's and cottages to rent. As far as activities go - there are water activities (no crowds, but no "big beaches" either - rather a half dozen small beaches) There are boat rentals and charters, there's kayaking, biking, scenery to die for, the freshest lobster and seafood you can get. From quaint lobster shacks to fine dining. It's all right next door to Brunswick - home of the Maine State Music Theater and the Bowdoin College Music Festival and lots of foodie restaurants and a neat drive-in called Fat Boys for killer burgers and fries. All in all, Harpswell has everything anyone could want including lots of interesting craft studios, pottery shop and art galleries and little gift shops. You can take a cruise to Eagle Island, home of Admiral Peary's museum and state park. With lots of islands nearby - the views are panoramic with sunrises and sunsets...Hope you enjoy the southern end of MidCoast Maine. They've got it all - and it's closer than you think. Have fun.

8. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 14:46
9. Re: Where to vacation in Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:16