We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arorangi/Cook Islands

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arorangi/Cook Islands

I will be staying at Manuai Beach Resort. Do you know if the other hotels are within walking distance to go for meals/drinks?

1. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 00:59
Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Yes ,I did mean Manuia. Thanks for your tip Bruce.

Rarotonga
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Turn left about 200m for Windjammer then not far for Tumunu, Alberto's Steak House and Kikau hut.Personally, I'd walk past Spaghetti House and I'd strongly suggest not eating at your own resort. Heading the other way you can also walk to Waterline, definitely worth a visit!

Pakou

Edited: 22 July 2014, 04:40
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Castaway Resort is a short walk away - it has a beach bar and a restaurant with theme food nights (they list them at the front of the property) & their pizza (Thursday nights) was really good. You can eat the pizza at the beach bar with a cordial or 2. They have a pretty good cocktail menu there too and live music one night a week. It has a relaxed atmosphere.

Hope you have a great trip. When are you going?

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Thanks for the tips. We are going in late August.

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Have you had a bad experience with the food at Manuia ?

7. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 00:59
Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Pakou

Have you had a bad experience with the food at Manuia Beach Resort

Rarotonga
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Kia Orana kyliemmillar,

My last experience at Manuia was in April. Ordered a Fish Burger, which wasn't the freshest of fish and soaked in mayo, frozen fries, limp salad with no dressing and no seasoning on the fish. Spoke to the chef and he said that he wasn't allowed to buy quality ingredients and that he was unhappy to serve what he had too, but it wasn't his choice the owner wouldn't spend any money. He had no working oven and the chiller was faulty!!! There was no real apology I might add!

Pakou

Edited: 24 July 2014, 04:54
Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arorangi/Cook Islands

Hi KyliemMiller

I would always be very wary listening to a local giving an over the top positive or negative review about accommodation or a restaurant. It is a very small island and every one knows everyone - some are friends, some are family and for some there is bad blood and just plain enemies. I would read the reviews of travellers and make your own decision . Also let us know when you get back tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1444081-d30…

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 24 July 2014, 10:02
Get answers to your questions about Arorangi