We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi vs private transfer

Michigan
Level Contributor
207 posts
41 reviews
taxi vs private transfer

Hi all...I did see the list of private transfer companies but here's the question--do you think it's the same price for taxi vs private for a short trip from MoBay airport to Riu Palace Montego Bay? I know we could catch a cab but it is always nice to see that smiling person with your name on a sign and off you go...whatta ya think??

6 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: taxi vs private transfer

You need to contact several of the transfer companies to get a firm answer to your question. I would guess, however, that a taxi would cost less. Keep in mind that it is only about 2 mi. from the airport terminal to the RIU Palace Jamaica. A driver might need to wait some time for you to clear immigrations and customs while a taxi driver could be carrying fare paying customers around.

Michigan
Level Contributor
207 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: taxi vs private transfer

Thanks--I did contact one and got a rate of $20.00.

MA
Level Contributor
87 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: taxi vs private transfer

I used JTL. third year in a row, no problem!

Enjoy your trip!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
207 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: taxi vs private transfer

Thanks!

5. Re: taxi vs private transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 09:43

Michigan
Level Contributor
207 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: taxi vs private transfer

We used Fabian years ago when we had to go all the way to Negril. He was awesome. This year it's just to Riu in MB so a quick jaunt. Think I will use Ashton. Thanks for the replies, everyone. Less than 2 weeks I'll have my feet in the sand....wahoo!

Reply to: taxi vs private transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandy Bay