We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Skala Eressos

Which Mytilene hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Skala Eressos

Does anyone know if I can get bus from the airport to Skala Eressos?

If not, how do I get into the bus staton from the airport?

This is my first visit and I am travelling alone so a little worried

Thanks in advance

Jea

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Skala Eressos

There is no bus from the airport, least nothing useful. Taxi to Mytilini bus station ~10€. There are the usual island minimalist bus services. That means a bus around 13:00 and that's your lot to Skala Eressos.

A taxi all the way would be around ~70€. Or you could overnight in Mytilini and the bus the next day, or hire car etc.

This online bus timetable is not quite right for mid-season, but it gives you a general idea.

lesvosonline.gr/Lesvos/Map/transp/buses.htm

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Skala Eressos

Many thanks for the info. This is when it is useful to travel in groups, and share taxi costs

Edited: 30 August 2010, 10:16
Bath
Level Contributor
511 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Skala Eressos

Hi. Just returned from Eressos. A taxi across from airport to Eressos is now 110 euros...petrol costs have upped the rate. If you email Sappho Travel, they might be able to help you re taxi share as it works largely on a share basis.

There were 2 buses a day between Eressos and Mytilini during August.

Coming back is easy, all you need to do is put a card on the board in Sappho Travel to say when you are leaving in a taxi and people will contact you re sharing/or there will be a note already there. Enjoy.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Skala Eressos

Thank you. What a great site!

Edited: 31 August 2010, 15:48
5. Re: Airport to Skala Eressos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Mytilene