We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Which Tanjung Benoa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Hi

We are off to the Novotel in May and were wondering if there are any supermarkets close by? Also good laundry and massage/spa places. Any ideas?

13 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,819 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

There is a supermarket at the 'bali collection'. There are numerous restaurants and shops here as well. They offer a scheduled shuttle service which your hotel will give you details for. There is also a Hardy's supermarket which is just before you enter the hotel precinct at Nusa Dua. You can get a taxi there.

As for laundry close to your hotel ask a local to point you in the right direction if you can't see a sign along the street. There are also a few massage places along the street. As this area is not busy like other more 'touristy' areas in Bali there is less choice. There are some massage places at bali collection as well but not cheap like kuta etc. You can get a massage by a local at mushroom rock which is not far from bali collection.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
713 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Best nearby supermarket is coco mart a few hundred m before Novotel. There are mini marts either side of the resort for smaller stuff. For laundry ask the guys at Atlichnaya bar there is one a few shops behind the bar. Best spa is tropical spa opposite mirage. Not the cheapest but best value for money.

Perth
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Thanks for the response everyone. I will be sure to check it all out when I am there.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Love the cocomart there which is probably nearly next door to the spa 101 mentioned. Then opposite the spa on the left (if your looking at it) of the Club Mirage is a great gift store. Prices are great and heaps of little nice things.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

I can vouch for the info given above. Off for our 5th stay there, also in May!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

The Coco supermarket at Tangjung Benoa is the same chain as the one at Bali Collection - the Bali Collection store is more tourist geared with lots of clothes and gifts to take from Bali, the local store at TB is more food etc with some little items as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

out of the two small marts either side of Novotel and the Coco Mart just up the road a few hundred metres, which one/s has small bottles of bintang and packets of chips/peanuts and the best prices?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
713 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

the mini marts are both about the same price. i normally use the circle k which is up jl pratama about 50m toward the ramada/end of the road. coco mart is slightly cheaper but a much longer walk. if you're going to stock up, then probably worth the trip to the coco mart. for the snacks, coco mart has an entire aisle. always a bit of fun to try out new nibbles with the drinks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

thanks!

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
456 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa

Beware the Circle K! Here is a repeat of an earlier post of mine as a result of our experiences at this particular Circle K during our May holiday.........

"On our last Bali holiday we stayed at the Novotel in Tanjung Benoa and had a couple of run in's with staff at the Circle K just up the road from the hotel.

The first was with them pulling the old sorry but the screen on the till is broken and then trying to over charge me on a transaction. I was onto that and insisted on a receipt which clearly showed they had tried to overcharge me and pocket the change.

The second was the worst of all. I bought a couple beers and noticed a lack of fizz when I opened one of them. The wife (: soon found out that the bottle was actually full of water and a few other floaties. Yuk. On announcing her disgust a friend advised that he'd also had the same experience earlier in the day with Bintang he'd purchased from the same Circle K. Luckily neither of them suffered any ill effects from their experience.

But wait for it, when I took the bottle back to the store I didn't even have to explain why I was there. On seeing the bottle I got a sheepish "water?" and I was then invited to take another beer from the shelf. Me thinks it was the two young guys who'd tried to short change me a few days earlier, rather than the poor young lady who took the brunt of my anger, but unfortunately they all end up being tared with the same brush."

My advice would be to give this Circle K a wide birth and turn left when you exit the Novotel. There a plenty of small convenience stores in this direction who sell Bintang, including the Coco Mart which would be a good 10/15 minute walk.

Most of the restaurants and Warungs in this area are also in this direction (left out of the Novotel) so there are plenty of options along the way for a coldie or a feed if needed.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 19 August 2013, 21:39
Reply to: Supermarket near Novotel Benoa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa