We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aircraft noise

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
543 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Aircraft noise

Just wondered if the Aston Bali and other hotels in Benoa experience any aircraft noise as the airport isn't that far away?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aircraft noise

I own an apartment next to the Aston and there is a little airport noise BUT not enough to ruin your holiday.

You do hear a few planes when you are lying by the pool, but then you hear lots of jet skis and water ski boats too.

At night when there are lots of aircraft movements, in your rooms you never hear anything.

I would not hesitate to book along that beach because of airport noise.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
543 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aircraft noise

Thanks our001 for the reassurance!

Usually I remember to check things like proximity to airports - but I was so excited to find a good deal that I forgot! Don't mind watching a few planes fly past - we do the same at our favourite island in the Maldives - just as long as we're not actually at the end of the runway.

So we don't need to pack the ear-plugs next April........

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aircraft noise

Sounds perfect, I do enjoy watching the odd plane fly by too, thinking those poor people their holiday is finished.

Won't need any ear plugs.

The Aston is a great resort - they have beautiful outdoor lounges on the beach for cocktails the outlook is east so no sunset but still beautiful at dusk.

4. Re: Aircraft noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa