We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in feb/mar??

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
weather in feb/mar??

Booked our trip from feb20-mar 20 hoping that the weather will be good & will be staying in the benoa area. Any comments of the area things to see & do,weather. We love to snorkle. Good places for that? THX

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in feb/mar??

Are you staying in Benoa for the whole month? You really should stay at a few different areas to make the most of Bali. If you love to snorkel, stay at Amed or Permuteran for a week. From Permuteran, go to Menjangan National Park for the best snorkeling.

If I had a month in Bali, I would split my time between Sanur , Legian, Ubud and Permuteran.

I will be in Bali the same time as you but for only 18 days and my time is split between Sanur, Legian & Permuteran.

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in feb/mar??

The deal from silkholidays is to longstay in the oasis benoa beach resort for 1 mth.,along with 5 site seeing tours,then we thought we,d make it our base place & go see other places. Gili islands sounds like a great place to see,snorkling is good too? Never been to Bali or that side of the world,but very much looking forward to it. Any helpful ideas would be very much appreciated!

100 Mile House...
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in feb/mar??

Hi there. We went years ago (2000) with Silk Holidays. Stayed in Singapore 5 days and 18 days Bali. We stayed at the Aston Bali which is in Tanjung Benoa. We really liked the area, as you could walk out the front of the hotel and there were alot of shops restaraunts etc. Make sure you go to the Bumbu cooking school.

We were there in February. The weather was pretty good. Showers/thunderstorms in the evening and during the night sometimes. Can only remember one torrential downpour during the day. Got soaked through to the skin in under 2 minutes. Friends that went last Feb said the weather was rainy the entire week, and not so good.

The day trips supplied by Silk were a great deal. I wouldn't bother with the shopping one, but the others were great. On the one that goes up to Lovina we opted to stay overnight and get up early in the morning and see the dolphins. Quite a beautiful sight.

We did a catamaran day trip over to Nusa Lembongon and did some decent snorkeling there.

Also the river rafting was really good.

We're going to Thailand for 3 weeks and Bali for one week this February. Staying with friends this time and going to see a different side of Bali.

You're going to love Bali. Have a great time.

4. Re: weather in feb/mar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2012, 10:16