We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel or Conrad

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel or Conrad

We are looking at both these hotels and cannot decide which has the best beach and pool area - Can anyone help?

If you have recently been here can you please advise which is better and prices of food the resorts - are prices less than eating out in Australia or on par. Is the food out on the street OK to eat.

You can tell I havent been to Bali before.

Thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel or Conrad

Conrad for sure. i love their pool.

There are plenty of restaurants in the local area, so you shouldnt have to eat every meal in the resort.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
744 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel or Conrad

Our family of 4 stayed at Novotel last September. There are 3 pools - 1 beachside and 2 over the road. The resort is very family oriented but there are plenty of couples as well. The beach along benoa is OK - nothing to rave about but resorts tend to clean the beach section in front of their property.

Food prices in the resort are on a par with at home though considerably cheaper than the Novotel at somewhere like Twin Waters up the coast. The bars have a good happy every afternoon.

Restaurants along Jl Pratama are plentiful. From basic western stuff to the Bumbu Bali restaurants that people seem to travel to from all over the south of the island.

I'm sure you will enjoy either.

Perth
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel or Conrad

We stayed at Novotel in 2010 and enjoyed our stay; we spent most of our time at the smaller pool bar which was very quiet and across from the adult only lazy pool. The beachside pool was lovely as well but alot busier.

We had a young one (8wks) so didnt really hit the beach unless it was to eat in the evening.

Prices were good; pizzas lovely. They always had a daily cocktail special that you could purchase outside of happy hour which was good. We tried lots of restuarants down the road and they were all lovely...and would drop you home also. Our Home spa (I think) was fantastic also!! Either hotel you stay at I am sure you will enjoy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel or Conrad

We have stayed at the Novotel in 2010 & 2011 in a Beach Cabana right on the beach. This can only be desribed as HEAVEN ON EARTH. The hotel is truley beautiful & very Baliense. There are great restaurants outside. We loved Cardamon (fantastic food & very cheap) & The Tree which has a great band on & the food is to die for. You could walk there but they will pick you up & drop you back. The breakfast at Novotel in awesome, one of the best breakfasts we have had in all our trips to Bali. Hotel food is abit pricey so we always ate outside the hotel. There is a massive selection of water sports to choose from also. Great local spas at very reasonable prices. We haven't stayed at the Conrad so can't help you there. Good luck making a decision. If you want more info just let us know.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novotel or Conrad

Thank you JuBali - I am now convinced that making the right decision in staying at Novotel. Thanks for all the advice re restaurants - I have made note of those.

6. Re: Novotel or Conrad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa