We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

Hi all,

My fiance and I are currently planning our honeymoon and are interested in coming to Bali. I've found a few resorts that are all inclusive, but I'm wondering how those compare to other all inclusives (say in the Caribbean?) We have stayed at several all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and love the stress-freeness of it all, having multiple food choices and plenty of alcoholic drinks. We're not naive enough to think the all inclusives in Indonesia will be the same as those, but I'm just wondering how they compare. From the reviews I've read it seems like the alcohol is not that great and often times the food choices are less than stellar as well. If anyone can recommend an all inclusive in Bali that you love, please let me know. So far I've looked at the Grand Mirage and Melia Benoa.

Also, I know several people will probably recommend not going the all inclusive route and just going to restaurants for dinner, but we really just want to relax and not have to worry about paying for much once we get there. We wouldn't mind doing that if there were restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks in advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

Having lived in FL for awhile, the all inclusive a in SE USA don't really exist in Bali (I've been to Bali several times to visit family).

If $ isn't an issue, if I were you I'd just book a nice resort in Nusa Dua and check out the hotel restaurant and bar. You can also book day trips (with private driver). Overall if you want your finances and trip experiences centralized, expect to pay more. Bucket list to see in Bali is Ubud ad probably some temples.

I'm taking my wife for her first visit and we're doing one week each in Sanur, Ubud, Surabaya (Java), and a return to Ubud.

Overall, go with what I first suggested, and if it's too expensive, then you'll want to consider piecing it together using TA.

Good luck!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

Hi,

I doubt you'll find that many people here able to tell you about all inclusive in Bali as most will only take bed & breakfast.

There are so many restaurants options, so many different cuisines and at all price ranges that it sounds almost wrong to go all inclusive.

An option if you want to rest and be self sufficient is to rent a villa with a staff available to cook for you. Whether an independent villa or one part of a hotel or compound there are lots of options.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

Take a look at the intercontinental in jimbaran bay. It doesn't offer all inclusive however if you book a club room you get lots of added extras including alcohol fron 4.30 to 7.30 plus afternoon tea and all day snacks. It's well worth the extra $$ and its a beautiful hotel on a lovely white sand beach.

4. Re: Bali all inclusive honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Tanjung Benoa
Recent Conversations