We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

formby
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

Yes,take the bus into Kuşadası and then the bus from there to Selçuk.You need to get off just befoe it goes into Selçuk but don't worry you'll know when it is your stop as the bus will empty!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

I would suggest that you book with a local Turkish tour guide company to get the best out of Ephesus as you will find that the tour guides are very knowledgeable. Without a tour guide you will miss out on an experience of a life time. We found that the local tour guide company very reasonable but of course you need to barter as always! Included in our Ephesus trip was a seperate sailing boat trip too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

Great Post

Exactly what I am looking for.

How long is the journey from Altinkum?

Also how much should I expect to pay for a tour guide including entrance?

Thanks

Edited: 15 August 2012, 13:33
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

I cannot say how much it is to visit Ephesus however I recall this year that our tour rep wanted £50.00 per person.

There are a number of local tour operators and one I recall is at the east side of the beach close to Linekers Bar.

Others are if you go to the centre of the Altinkum beach and put your back to the new monument, walk towards Dolphin Square, there is one or two on your right hand side.

Continue to the round about and walk up on your right hand side.

I found the tour operator on your right hand side to offer better value for your Turkish Lira. However first check if they will pick you up from your hotel.

I find paying in Turkish Liras far better than paying in English Pounds.

As for journey time I cannot say however they do stop of at centres such as leather or diamond merchants.

I would guess it’s a journey of two or more hours so take plenty of drinks etc.

If you wish for a taste of an ancient monument take the Dolmus to the local Apollo.

I would suggest that you book your trips early as to avoid any disappointment.

Don’t forger that Altinkum’s main market is held on a Saturday.

5. Re: can you visit ephesus from altinkum with public transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations