We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

Columbus, OH
1 post
Save Topic
june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

Hi guys, I'm in charge of planning my honeymoon and I'm overwhelmed by options. We are still in school and working on a budget, so I just want to get the nicest trip I can for us at a decent price.

These are the things we are looking for:

On the beach, all inclusive, oceanview room, couples only, and seclusion is highly preferable.

Anywhere tropical is fine with us. I was really interested in the Excellence Punta Cana, but my fiance saw some reviews that the food wasn't very good, and a friend of hers told her that she went with her family when she was 15 and the beaches have nudity. I _really_ don't want nudity on the beach we go to, so that kind of deflated my interest in Punta Cana. Please help!

Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

Have you looked at Royal Plantation in Jamaica? I know that it is popular with honeymooners, adult-only, and has won awards for Best All-Inclusive on Trip Advisor. However, it is only situated on a small, but private strip of beach.

Earth
Level Contributor
98 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

Jamaica is the best place to go if you ask me.

Tacoma,WA
Level Contributor
913 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

I am researching our honeymoon right now for July. Look at Sun Palce in Cancun and see what you think. Its at the top of my list right now.

Spotswood, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

There are quite a few Sandals locations, Antigua catches my eye. Also the Secrets chains are very good for couples.

As far as Punta Cana goes, I was at the Iberostar Bavaro which was absolutely AMAZING by the way and I didn't see much in the way of nude sun bathing. It is permitted but in the week I was there I might have seen 4 women with their tops off and no males...

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

There is ZERO nudity on the public beaches in Punta Cana. Toplessness..yes! BIG DIFFERENCE. You will find toplessness all over the Caribbean.

Excellence is a great choice. I would defintely reconsider. Also, Punta Cana Princess and Bahia Principe Ambar.

Spotswood, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

The above poster is right, there is topless all over the carribean but it's hardly even noticeable.

I did stay at the Iberostar Bavaro and it was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Everything from the grounds to the service was perfect. The beach was good, the food wasn't bad, and the entertainment was suprisingly good. I'm not really into going to shows and that stuff on a resort but I have to say it was pretty entertaining.

They have 24 hour room service which we used almost everynight at about 2 or 3 in the morning which I think is an underrated ammenity.

The staff was very helpful. I've been to a couple of other places and the staff/people in the DR were some of the most hospitable.

You also might want to check with Aruba. A ton of my friends have gone there on honeymoons and swear by it. I'm actually looking into there now. There are 3 or 4 highly rated All-inclusives there.

Well hope that helps....

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

Extremelychewy,

I sent you a personal messege (top right side of page).

8. Re: june honeymoon, no clue where to go, all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 16:27