We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you book your holidays?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
How do you book your holidays?

Many years ago I used to do the books from the travel agent and booking months ahead.

Then came the internet which helped me see the resorts in more detail and get some reviews, but I still used a travel agent and many months ahead.

The I found last minute travel in 2005 and took a chance to book a trip. I have never looked back.

Earlier in the year we pick an approximate time frame leaving a few days on either side for date changes...then we start monitoring on several websites and checking reviews on here to see where we might go.

A few years ago you were always guaranteed the cheapest trip within 2-3 weeks...this has changed this year and we ended up booking almost 6 weeks ahead.

Still we have never had any problems or issues with booking over the web (including last year when 9 of us went) and the cost savings is amazing.

How do other's book? What are your favorite websites for info and trips?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you book your holidays?

bump...still wondering if anyone else has found good ways to get great trips at reasonable prices?

2. Re: How do you book your holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 00:17