I know that there must be a kabillion threads asking this same question, however I am looking for advice from people who have travelled to many 'romantic hotspots' and can help me out with comparing locations.
The difference with my post and the other million posts is that I have specifics of what I want:
1) I have NO idea right now where to go. DR, Carribean, Mexico, Hawaii, Cuba? Then please specify regions if possible. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated based on my specifications.
2) I plan to travel in September-November which is an off peak season. I hear about hurricane season and stuff...is it ok to travel during this time? Does it rain for days or for only short periods?
3) I plan to spend about $800-$1200(max)/person.
4) I want an all inclusive package.
5) Beach front
5) I am not the type who can just lie on a beach and at a resort for 7 days. I'll get very bored. I'm the active, touristy, sightseeing kind of person. So I'd like to be able to see stuff rather than being trapped in a resort for 7 days. I've seen some places with cool stuff such as ziplining, hiking, etc.
6) I want to go snorkeling and many water activities.
7) I like NICE beaches.
8) I DON'T care about golfing.
9) Average to good quality food.
10) What hotel star rating am I looking at?
I thank you for your advice and suggestions!