We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Carribean trip for young couple?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Carribean trip for young couple?

I know that there must be a kabillion threads asking this same question, however I am looking for advice from people who have travelled to many 'romantic hotspots' and can help me out with comparing locations.

The difference with my post and the other million posts is that I have specifics of what I want:

1) I have NO idea right now where to go. DR, Carribean, Mexico, Hawaii, Cuba? Then please specify regions if possible. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated based on my specifications.

2) I plan to travel in September-November which is an off peak season. I hear about hurricane season and stuff...is it ok to travel during this time? Does it rain for days or for only short periods?

3) I plan to spend about $800-$1200(max)/person.

4) I want an all inclusive package.

5) Beach front

5) I am not the type who can just lie on a beach and at a resort for 7 days. I'll get very bored. I'm the active, touristy, sightseeing kind of person. So I'd like to be able to see stuff rather than being trapped in a resort for 7 days. I've seen some places with cool stuff such as ziplining, hiking, etc.

6) I want to go snorkeling and many water activities.

7) I like NICE beaches.

8) I DON'T care about golfing.

9) Average to good quality food.

10) What hotel star rating am I looking at?

I thank you for your advice and suggestions!

Tree Limin' Extreme Zipline
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sea Cow Snorkeling Trips
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Joy's Adventure Excursion and Coastal Cruise
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Speed Boats Tours
Cosol Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Carribean trip for young couple?

I am also in a similar situation, only looking for off the beaten path maybe Eco-friendly and definitly more of an inn or b&B , NOT A RESORT. Also want to travel to Bahamas maybe Exuma or Eluthra as inexpensivly as possible. Now add to that for 10 days in 2 weeks... PLEASE help Trip Advisor has never failed me... Someone please reach out, Husband returning from WAR ZONE however only on vacation he must return next month... Any & all responses are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Danielle

2. Re: Romantic Carribean trip for young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 06:18