We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

We have been to Jamaica twice,just looking to try somewere else with good vibes on about the same budget as we allow.Amount of 3000.00 US-for 6 days.Any suggestions.We love the beaches and mountians.Bless!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

Grenada and St.Kitts...

Jamaica is beautiful and fantastic - we love it as well...but my two suggestions are smaller islands with fantastic "vibes" and a wonderful West Indian feel...great people, culture, beach activity and food. Affordable but not in the JA All Inclusive way....

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

any more?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

I'll give Grenada a nod as well! Not as built up "yet" as Jamaica. Reasonably priced. Friendly people and great food. Visit the rainforest, take a trip via fast speed ferry to nearby Carriacou for snorkeling...lots to do!

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

Kid freindly resorts?Or any resorts that you would suggest?Bless!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

I have not taken my son yet to Grenada - I was pregnant during my last visit...but we were considering it this summer for our winter trip and the places we planned on for |child friendly" were the Flamboyant which is a smaller hotel in the hills so stairs are a pain but great views and you can have a kitchen which we find a blessing in the Caribbean with a child. And we know the hotel well and love it, staff accomodations etc... For Grenada we also Grenada Grand Anse for sheer convenience... on the beach, standard hotel rooms with breakfast included...restaurants in close proximity and bank and grocery store across the road.

We have actually gone with our best reliability because cost was best and we love St.Kitts too....we are going to Timothy Beach Resort renting a one bedroom condo because it has a bedroom with a living room and pull out queen couch. there is a full kitchen and the patio has a breathtaking view of the ocean, sunset and within rolling distance to the fun beach bars that you can visit at night with kids and it is easy and cheap. Our son loves the beach bars in the early evenings after our sunset cocktail on the patio....he plays inthe sand while we relax and eat and enjoy some beverages. There is a nice pool for children in its simplicity and the beach has a good entry point for our son in his new swimming skills...plus everyone can snorkel off the beach and my son can look off the dock at all kinds of great tropical fish and shells...

Whatever suits your needs have great fun!

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

^^^^St.Kitts sounds fun,what our kids like!A link to the condo?Thanks for ALL the shared info!_Vince

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

www.timothybeach.com

Try not to be put off by the negative comments...in the end it really seems to depend on what you are looking for in a hotel...This spot is NOT like the Marriott or those fancy places...it is smaller and individually owned units that are cared for by the hotel staff....there is a nice restaurant on site, as I mentioned the pool is simple but perfect for our son and not a lot of activity so we were able to dominate with splashing and general madness most days. Plus it has a view of the ocean. Plus there are goats and monkeys all over the place for child fun - the hotel sits right amongst a hill...half way up with lots of natural foliage and hill behind where the monkeys play and goats play. There are harmless and brought my son TREMENDOUS joy.

The staff at this hotel are priceless - so helpful and kind, we returned two years in a row - first my son was 2.5 and obviously 3.5 the following year. Needless to say a lot had changed in his looks and behaviour etc...well three of the staff remembered him by name and one swept him up in her arms as though they were long lost loves and sang the same song to him with his name that she had a year ago - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We love this place! We overlook the little complaints people seem to have or we have never experienced them.

My Mother God bless her enjoys the finer things in life, homes, resorts hotels food wine etc...and expects them - but this is our third year out of 4 at TBR and there is no alternative for us...

Ironically we enjoy walking down to the Marriott each morning and seeing the sites en route and strolling the shops at Marriott but we would never chose it over TBR. For kids the location also can not be beat. Ok I have done it again - if you want more information about this location feel free to private message me with any questions!

Have fun!

8. Re: What Cairrbean island gives you good vibes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 04:17