We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

Southern California
2 posts
Save Topic
27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

I have had enough of the stresses of corporate life and need a 3-5 day getaway to the Caribbean. I can't convince any friends to skip out last minute on work like this so I am flying solo. I have ben to the Caribbean a few times before (St. Lucia, Grand Cayman, and Nevis) but I have always been there with family or a group. I am into photography and water sports. I am looking for a place that I can explore, relax, and meet some great people (maybe even other singles). I would say my budget is mid-range, I dont plan to spend all the much time in the room anyways. I plan to make the trip sometime before the end of April (quick I know but that is what makes it an adventure right?)

Part of the drive to the Caribbean is that I was given a round trip ticket anywhere JetBlue flies (http://jetblue.com/wherewejet/) and wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on any of those destinations.

The top on my mind are:

Puerto Rico

Punta Cana, DR

or maybe even Aruba

Any suggestions on what city to land in? Where to stay? What to do? etc.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

How about a Club Med.

London, UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

I'm a similar situation- looking to go around 8th May for about two weeks.

Any ideas for Caribbean locations?

London, UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

I'm a similar situation- looking to go around 8th May for about two weeks.

Any ideas for Caribbean locations?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

For your age I would say the Puerto Plata/Cabarete area, or Varadero. Try Punta Cana if you are into lawn bowling and bingo.

5. Re: 27yr male solo traveler looking for a fun getaway, where to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 06:23