We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
151 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

Looking for a vacation in June.

Heard great things about Cayman Islands, Turks & Caicos.

Very open to suggestions for all locations though.

Moderate budget. Thinking all-inclusive might be nice.

Thanks in advance!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

I like both T&C and Grand Cayman. Compared to many Caribbean vacation spots they are both very pricey (Provo moreso than Grand Turk in T&C). We still find Grenada moderately priced. Lovely beaches, rainforest and water! Friendly people ans terrific food. Roatan is another very reasonably priced destination you may want to research. It would help to know what you like to do on holiday.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
151 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

We are looking for a place to relax, enjoy the beaches, and do some snorkelling. Don't need lots of tourist attractions. Would like to take pictures.

Any tropical island that is friendly and safe would be good. Heard that Jamaica isn't safe for travelling outside of the resorts. (?)

Would like to go somewhere that we can relax on the beach without the locals constantly asking us to buy things or braid our hair. (didn't like that when in the Bahamas)

Thanks!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

Both Grenada and Roatan sound like they would fit the bill. A less "touristy" area on Roatan is Sandy Bay. Lots of places on vrbo.com or the Blue Bahia Hotel may suit you. Incredible snorkeling on Roatan. I saw as much snorkeling on Roatan as I usually do diving other places. You won't be bothered by any beach vendors. The water is terrific and the island great to explore.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

Curacao was great for snorkeling.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

we loved grenada.and BVI. always wanted to get to Roatan..what is the easiest way to get there?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

We fly from Mia on Sat direct to Roatan on TACA. Clean, great and friendly service. Some people fly thru Houston. I think I still prefer the Island of Grenada but the snorkeling and flats fishing draw us back to Roatan. Incredible snorkeling.

7. Re: Need ideas for Caribbean vacation destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 06:40