We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

Planning a week-long vacation in the caribbean with my wife in Dec. We would prefer an exclusive resort (prefer slightly more private and luxurious place). Also would not mind trying two different islands within the seven days span.

Preferences:

1. Good beach, clear water

2. Less commercial and slightly upscale

3. Good food and hospitality

Would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

Last year we went to Turks and Caicos which has lots of upscale resorts and great options for dinning plus Grace Bay is fabulous. We took a short flight over to the Grand Turks and spent 4 days. It was very relaxing with the beach almost all to ourselves. It wasn't exactly luxury (Osprey Hotel) but it was clean, comfortable and 2 steps from the beach. I really liked it there.

This December we are going to the Grand Cayman which has upscale resorts and we will be spending a few days on one of the 2 out islands as well. Have a wonderful vacation wherever you go :)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

I will highly suggest Curacao and then Aruba or vice versa.

Airplane tickets between the two islands are relatively low; there is a flight to Aruba from Curacao every 45 minutes apx...

In Curacao, I reccomend the brand new Hyatt. Very luxurious and excellent food and staff. The only ´bad´ thing I would say is that is remotely located but who cares , after coming from an busy Aruba island this would be a perfect choice.

In Aruba, there are plenty of hotels and any hotel in the high rise area is fine.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

I would suggest Anguilla for the beaches and upscale with very exclusive. Also there are very interesting surrounding islands that can be accessed quickly and easily. If you want even higher end try St. Barths!

Best wishes

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

I 2nd Anguilla

5. Re: Need suggestions for a caribbean vacation in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:15