We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in the Caribbean

Brier, WA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in the Caribbean

My wife and I are looking to go on vacation in December somewhere in the Caribbean and were wondering if anybody had some good diving spots. We've heard lots of good things about Belize and Ambergris Caye. Any thought about this spot or others? Thanks for all your input!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in the Caribbean

Everyone has their own favorite dive spots, but in general, the best Caribbean diving is found on:

Bonaire

Roatan / Utila

Cayman Islands

Belize

Curacao

Turks and Caicos

Cozumel

Saba

Bahamas (choose the island carefully)

There are some other islands that have more in the way of wreck diving, so if that interests you more than reef diving please let me know.

What else are you looking for in your vacation? I can help you narrow down your choice if you give me more information about your likes/dislikes.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 22:08
Brier, WA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in the Caribbean

Thanks for your post! We checked out all of those places and are still most interested in Belize. We definitely want to check out Roatan someday though!

3. Re: Diving in the Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:16