We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick me an island please!

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Pick me an island please!

My husband and I are looking to go somewhere warm, inexpensive, and low-key for our 10 year wedding anniversary this December. We need a short flight (coming from Washington DC) since we can only spend 3-4 nights on an island. We don't want to spend 8 hours on a plane! We are looking for an eco-friendly, cottage-on-the-beach kind of place and don't even know where to begin. Any island, hotel, or beach recommendations? Somewhere easy and quick to get to!

Thanks!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick me an island please!

I would look at Tulum. It is a 90 minute drive from Cancun, so it is quite easy to access. Tulum is known for its white sand beach and its eco resorts. Most resorts have private bungalows on the beach.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick me an island please!

We went there a few years ago and loved it! You certainly guessed our travel style!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick me an island please!

Have you looked into Costa Rica? There are many lodging options there that fit your description, and December is a great time of year to visit.

Take a look at:

Sueno del Mar Bed & Breakfast in Playa Langosta (outside of Tamarindo) - right on the beach in a jungle like setting, beautiful and natural.

Flor Blanca in Santa Theresa - www.florblanca.com

Villa Alegre in Playa Langosta

Good luck!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick me an island please!

I would highly suggest Vieques! Cheap and private beaches every where you turn!

Edited: 05 November 2011, 00:41
5. Re: Pick me an island please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:17