We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination selection

Oklahoma City...
5 posts
Save Topic
Destination selection

I am trying to plan a trip for several couples. We were looking at Jamaica and then one of the friends going heard it wasn't safe....we are now back to square one. We do want an all inclusive resort. Here is the list he sent me of requirements. Please note, I am quoting him word for word and I refuse to ask my travel agent for all of his requirements :)

1. safe, like not on goverment watch list

2. drink all I want without having to constantly tip

3. good food

4. white sand

5. clear water

added bonuses

6. 4 star resort

7. not during hurricane season (we are going in late June)

8. topless beach nearby because I am a !@! man (this was the part I really didn't want to say)

Please help!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination selection

Since your "friend" has so many requirements, why doesn't he do the research?!!

I could recommend several islands that would fit all of his requirements except #8. Good luck.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination selection

Technically, hurricane season in the Caribbean starts June 1st. So, if you don't want to take the risk, however small, you would need to look at the ABC's (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) or possibly Grenada or Tobago.

Bonaire isn't known for beaches or all inclusive resorts, so you should probably scratch it off your list.

I don't know of any all inclusives in Curacao, but there may be one or two.

Aruba is probably your best bet.

Can't help with #8, although any of the European islands that aren't British may fit the bill.

Oklahoma City...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination selection

Thank you for your help. I will look at Aruba now. :)

Oklahoma City...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination selection

If you are going to be tacky and not help, why post at all? This was a perfectly honest post. My "friend" as you said, is a man who doesn't take part in the planning and that is the only reason I can give you for the for the fact that he isn't doing the research. Thanks and have a great day! :)

Aurora Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination selection

In all honesty, I have stayed at Couples Negril in Jamaica several times and never had any issues with Saftey and it will cover all 8 of your requirements.

Oklahoma City...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination selection

We looked at Couples Negril and it looked great. That is where we were planning on going if we went to Jamaica. My husband and I are content to go to Jamaica, but one of the other couples just refused. I think we have decided on the Dominican Republic. We are now just trying to decide which resort. Thanks for you suggestion!

7. Re: Destination selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 10:25