We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip in February - where?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family Trip in February - where?

Hello,

We are planning a family vacation with 6 and 9 year olds in February. Can't decide where to go.

Our priority is a nice beach. "Nice" for us means: big, calm water, a lot of shade (palapas).

What destination/resort would you recommend?

Forest, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

What is your budget for the trip? Do you want to go to an all-inclusive resort? What types of activities are you interested in?

Just based on nice beach with lots of palapas, have a look at Aruba and see if that appeals to you.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

I want a good all-inclusive resort.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

My friend recommended Grand Bahia Principe Akumal, but I am afraid that Mexico will be too cold in February...

Forest, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

I have been to Riviera Maya in Dec. and the water was chilly then, so I would think the water would be cold in Feb. but I haven't been as far south as Akumal and haven't been in Feb. so I can't say for sure. If you are looking for an all-inclusive, there are a couple of them in Aruba. Also lots of them in Jamaica, Antigua, and the Dominican Republic. You may get more responses if you figure out what countries you would be interested in, and then post the question on those forums. You could even ask on the Akumal forum about weather in Feb. to get opinions from those who have been there and are more familiar with the area.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

That's a great idea! Thank you very much for your response.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

Just another suggestion, especially since I'm "Bahamas Biased" LOL

Families, AI, lovely lovely beach…!

clubmed.us/cm/resort-columbus-isle-bahamas_p…

7. Re: Family Trip in February - where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:17