We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Anniversary trip

Holly, Michigan...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
25th Anniversary trip

We are planning our 25th wedding anniversary trip and want to go to the Caribbean. I have been looking for almost two months and cannot narrow down a location. Looking for advice:

Wish list is:

1. Smaller resort that is Adult only or adult section

2. On beach with ocean front rooms

3. Does not have to be all inclusive if I can figure out a budget for food/drinks

4. walking distance or easy cab to town or areas of interest

5. A great pool

6. Spa services

7. Snorkeling

We are considering St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Maarten (dutch side was recommended), Antigua but would go anyplace that is beachy, beautiful and not the most expensive place on the list. I am hesitant to try a hotel just based on reviews. St. Lucia near Soufriere was recommended to me but the hotel I found down there, the beach does not look like much. I am thoroughly confused and would appreciate any and all recommendations and assistance.

Thanks so much

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Anniversary trip

First, understand that this generic "Caribbean" forum is lightly followed so you are not likely to get many responses here. You might want to put your post on the "Beach Vacations" forum (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12289-Beach_Vacations.html ) or possibly post your question to a couple of the candidate destinations.

St Lucia is beautiful, but not because of its small beaches.

You might want to also investigate The Turks & Caicos, specifically Providenciales ( tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147395-i212-Turks… ). It meets most of your needs, but is on the expensive side.

Holly, Michigan...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th Anniversary trip

Thank you for your advice - I will try posting in the Beach vacation forum.

Not sure I understand your comment about St. Lucia - can you clarify

Thanks again

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th Anniversary trip

I see you have posted to other forums, a good move. I'd also suggest Turks & Caicos if you have not already as it meets your criteria very well, except for being a bit expensive (and there are ways around that.)

My comment bout St Lucia was just that the island is very scenic with mountains and lush forests, but the beaches are mostly rather small, somewhat rocky and not great for swimming/snorkeling. Sort of just the opposite of Turks & Caicos.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th Anniversary trip

This doesn't tick all your boxes, but ticks some others that you haven't even mentioned…

http://www.hopetownlodge.com

Happy Planning & Happy Anniversary!

5. Re: 25th Anniversary trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:20