We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carribean Honeymoon

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Carribean Honeymoon

Hello all,

I have spent at least the equivalent of 2 man weeks reading through reviews on this site and I am still no closer to choosing a hotel so I thought I'd see if the good people of tripadvisor would lend a hand or a few words.

I am looking for a hotel in the Caribbean to have a weeks honeymoon. The honeymoon will be in february and as yet I havent booked anything mainly due to the fact that my future wife is Colombian and they need a visa for everywhere! I have been stung with late visa arrivals before,so I dont fancy losing my honeymoon money at the whim of an embassy. Anyway, we are expecting the CARICOM visa any day now so I am ready to book.

There seem to be alot of large all inclusives, which don't really appeal as we like to go out and try local restaurants and its good to see a bit of the country you ar evisiting. I also have a tendency to get carried away by the buffets and fall asleep by 9.30!!

We also dont want to be surrounded by people partying in the hotel, as this is supposed to be a time of romance.

So in a nutshell we are looking for somewhere small, initimate, with as many private facilities as possible and a good restaurant onsite. Access to a beach would be great. I like the idea of the cottage style resorts, but am open minded.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks!

Comfortable large bed (essential for the honeymoon..)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,566 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carribean Honeymoon

Check out:

Cap Jaluca in Anguilla

Parrot Cay in Turks and Caicos

Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda Virgin Islands

Pink Sands REsort in Harbour Island Bahamas

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carribean Honeymoon

Hi We are going to a little island 250 miles south of barbadoes.Its called Bequia. We are going for 1 month from jan to feb .they have the mostbeautiful website Ihave ever seen .We are very seasoned travelers and I have never so excited about a trip in my old life.(62. we have been all over the caribean but this place looks like heaven.Check it out at www.bequiatourism.comor .net. good luck Ricardo

3. Re: Carribean Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 12:22