We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

I'm considering a week trip to Anguilla next month with my husband and three older kids and would like to stay in a luxury villa or home on a nice beach and pool.Any suggestions? I looked into Cap Juluca but it looks like it is more suited for couples.

Thank you.

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

The best place to get info and pics on villas, hotels and resorts on Anguilla is mycaribbean.com. They have detailed listings you won't find anywhere else.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,890 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

FYI - there are not very many, if any, true beachfront rental villas on Anguilla. The reason, most rental villas are owned by ex-pats and Anguilla law prevents anyone who is not Anguillian from owning beachfront property. You will, however, find waterfront villas (i.e. villas located on cliffs overlooking the sea) and beach access villas (i.e. villas that are within walking distance of a beach).

Some resorts, like Cap Juluca, do have what they describe as beachfront villas but they are actually 3 bedroom units that are part of the resort.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

www.beachcourtvilla.com -- closest thing I know to on the beach & you can rent as many bedrooms as you need (also on Shoal Bay East which is the best place for kids of all ages).

Meads Bay has a lot of construction but it shouldn't be a problem at Frangi unless they have started the villas right next door (Seychelles, I think). If not, it's far enough away from the rest that you should be fine there.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

Beach Escape Villa www.beachescapevilla.com is also on the beach. The gate opens right onto sparkling white sand and gorgeous blue water.

Both BeachCourt and Beach Escape are lovely villas and you would be happy with either one.

(Disclosure: Anguilla Villa Company is the management company for Beach Escape Villa)

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

Thanks -- I don't really mean to tout one over the other. They are both lovely & I will try to recommend both of them from here out. The question about villas on the beach does arise frequently and you're right, you can't go wrong with either one of them!

NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

MaryGG and all,

Thank you for the input on villas. I'm leaning toward staying at Frangi. Any input on this property and this area of the island would be great. Planning to rent a car at the Ferry port from St Martin. Any restaurants in walking distant? Ones we should drive to?

Thank you

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

There are more than 80 restaurants in Anguilla -- you will be very glad that you have a car! Bananas by the Sea & Blanchards are the only 2 within walking distance of Frangi and I wouldn't do it at night (dark road, construction debris). Frangi is quite close (5-10 minutes) to Picante, Mangos, Caprice, Trattoria, Smokey's, and Lucy's. Sandy Ground is mid-island & has lots of restaurants and bars with live music -- Roy's, Johhno's, Barrel Stay, Sunsets and the Pumphouse are all good. Tasty's and E's Oven on the main road are great for local food prepared by world class chefs. Shoal Bay East has great beach bars and is an amazing beach -- check out Gwen's, Elodias, Tropical Sunset, and Ku. Some don't miss places off the beaten path: The Overlook for breakfast, Straw Hat, Koal Keel, and Hibernia.

I don't know of any car rentals at the ferry dock -- we take a cab to our resort or villa and have a car delivered there. You can also cab to the rental place.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

Agree with Mary's post and would add the Bistro at Malliouhana as another walkable lunch option. The main dining room at Malliouhana is also open three meals/day and is walkable, but I probably would do it during the day. Incredible view from the main dining room during the day.

NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

MaryGG and all,

Thank you for the restaurant reccos and your helpful suggestions.It will be hard to pick which ones we go tp! We are looking forward to our visit . Sure I will have more questions before we leave in three weeks.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Villa or House Rental on Beach

we are headed to anguilla in nov and have a house at sea rocks. reasonable price Jems Villa - can rent thru island dreams(?) and caribbeandays.com (who has offices in NJ). On another forum i read that you can't get your car at the ferry dock in order to keep some business for the taxis (i have no problem helping the local economy, tourist is their only real money maker and getting a taxi ride or two is okay with me if it keeps things working on the island....)

Most indicate that the car will be delivered to the villa you are staying at, or the resort you are staying at...