We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level Contributor
1,701 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic

I should have included this q on my other post. Our last trip to the caribbean was to St. John. WOW. we drove to different beaches and made each day a new beach. Is parking easy for all the 30+ beaches i've heard about? or do we need to worry about only 4 or 5 parking spaces for a beach? can't wait to get there (nov.) thnx so much for any answers...

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking

Parking is getting more challenging due to ongoing construction. Barnes Bay and Merrywing are definitely a problem. There is parking at the other beaches but sometimes you have to be creative. Here are a few tips:

Have a glorious lunch at Trattoria (Shoal Bay West) and use their parking lot and beach chairs and umbrellas for the rest of the afternoon.

Park behind Smokey's for Cove Bay (go on Saturdays between noon & 3 for live music, dancing, killer rum punch & good food).

Cap Juluca has a lot for beach access parking (just stay away from the resort chairs if you're not staying there -- they are very vigilant).

There'a a road next to Anguilla great House that has lots of space and is a great mid-point entry for Rendezvous Bay.

Go right before you get to the parking area at Shoal Bay East and follow the signs to Elodia's -- I don't think there are signs restricting the parking to guests (yet).

Meads is more challenging because of all the construction -- there used to be parking and access to the west of Frangi but if they've started those villas it might be gone.

Sandy Hill Bay and Junks Hole have lots of space.

I think the free maps available at www.anguillaguide.com show beach access points for the island. You have plenty of time to order one before November.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: parking

On Shoal Bay East you can park at Elodia's and you can also park at Gwen's. Elodia's has a huge lot and I don't think it'll ever be restricted to guests because of the restaurant and the umbrella/chair rentals.

Parking is becoming more difficult near Uncle Ernie's and KU because of the construction of the new Shoal Bay condos.

Sandy Ground has tons of parking. Cove Bay is accessible at Smokey's to the left or as you approach the dunes turn right and park in the lot down the road. Crocus Bay has parking as does Captain's Bay, Limestone, Savannah, Hunk's and Sandy Hill Bay.

Generally, if there isn't a lot we pull our vehicle completely off the road and walk the short distance to the beach.

Personally, I've never encountered a parking problem at any of the beaches. We've been known to follow dirt tracks to the sea to explore and hunt for shells. It's fun to discover small sandy beaches to picnic or lounge/swim.

AXA Beach Bum

3. Re: parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:19