We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare

massachusetts
Level Contributor
210 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
airfare

Anyone know the best time to get the lowest airfare rates for April/ May 2008. The rates seem pretty high right now.

USA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare

a few days ago I was searching on USAir "low fare finder" and found one week in particular April9-16th that had a fare of $353. Everything else around it was sky high....it was pwm to sxm. but can't imagine it would be much different than bos.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare

In previous years I've always found the best rate in Sept/Oct for travel to axa in April. We fly bdl to axa via aa. I've been tracking the prices since june and they haven't changed (616.00+taxes pp rount trip) I'm going to hold out a little longer but I have a feeling they're only going to go up!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,866 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare

Farewatcher seems to come up with good fares for all airlines, sign up for their newsletter.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare

crossneck:

If you are a traveler, be aware that even if you pay a higher rate when you book and subsequently the airfare drops, they will refund the difference to you in the form of a voucher to be applied within one year to any other air travel.

We have used those vouchers every year for the past 3 so far when booking our AXA flights. So it all seems to work out.

I only mention this alternative in case you wanted to be sure of getting a seat when you want to fly.

(Of course one never knows when they decide to bump the flight altogether at the last minute like AA did to us, not once, but twice this year!)

SO FAR! OY!

:-(

5. Re: airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:16