We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Ok, I'm on a tight budget, which I know contradicts with a vacation to Anguilla, but I've been wanting to visit Anguilla for SO long that I can barely hold out any longer.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to book a trip to Anguilla? I want to stay in Shoal Bay or Rendevous Bay, but I don't have to have a high class hotel...just a soft, powder-like white beach and very clear water!

Thanks!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

If possible, you should plan your trip after April 15 that is when the rates are the lowest.

For Shoal Bay E, check Alamanda, it is set back from the water a bit, and gets mixed reviews, we toured it and thought it quite nice, but for the fact it is not right on the water. For Rendezvous Bay, Anguilla Great House, it also gets mixed reviews, we toured it and did not like the way the rooms did not face direct to the water, but thought it was very nice. If you choose either of these and go in with expectations based upon what you are paying, you will not be disappointed, the beach at both places is great.

I think too often people go to a place, choose it based upon the price, and then complain that they were not given 5* accomodations/service.

You might also check Bob Green's page on low cost accomodations, although many are not on SBE, or RB, the prices are good and you can always pack up and go to your preferred beach for the day.

http://inns.ai/ <- copy and paste into your browser

Good Luck,

Ellen

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

I have also heard that Elodia's has large, nice accommodations (Shoal Bay East). Is Nathan's Cove still open? Also a nice choice on Meads Bay.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

I believe Nathan's Cove is still open and that would have been my suggestion as well for anyone wishing to be on the West end rather than the East.

The main differences between the East and West ends are that the West end houses more of a better mix of dining places within a short travel time.

The East end (which I suspect is where you would probably make out best all around), houses arguably the most gorgeous stretch of beach in AXA. It also has a plethora of beach bars to sidle on up to during the day and is great for people-watching and chatting.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Yes, Nathan's is open, that is where we are staying in TWENTY THREE days.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Look at Serenity on Upper Shoal Bay. They offer studios with a balcony for $160 from April 16th. While the sand on their beach is very grainy and they don't have a pool, you are almost immediately in the reef with really good snorkeling. They also have the prettiest bathrooms on Shoal Bay, loved the shower atrium and decor when we toured a few units! Their restaurant serves good food in a nice open air setting. Good value for your money here.

http://www.serenity.ai/rates.htm

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Yeah, I was definitely thinking Shoal Bay East (and Rendevous) because they have the most beautiful beaches, and the most important thing to me is the powder soft, clear water aspect, so I could care less if the room faces the ocean or not because when I travel to beaches, I'm hardly ever in my room!!

Thanks for your help!! I tried to book through Travelocity and Expedia, but they only have like 4 hotels to choose from. I didn't want to have to book everything separate, but I guess I should??

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Good recommendation -- I don't know why I never remember to add Serenity. It looks just lovely and I've enjoyed sitting in the restaurant with a glass of wine, that beautiful breeze -- really nice!

Also didn't know about the prices -- what a deal!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Thx Mary! Serenity holds a special place in my heart as on the 1st trip my husband and I ever made to AXA in '02, it was the 1st place we went for dinner. It was late on our 1st night and Petra Charles, the current manager picked us up from Shoal Bay Villas. The road back to Ken's was pretty harrowing in those days; it’s since been completely redone.

It was our introduction to Anguillan Spiney Lobster and Ken's lemon garlic butter sauce made it beyond melt-in-the-mouth delicious. The lobster was so huge, even without claws; we both took home generous leftovers that made a great lunch the next day.

Luckily, at least for now, there are still properties with affordable rates so that you don't have to be wealthy or a celebrity to enjoy this island.

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

Check out the postings on the link below for some best and least expensive details about the island. All the posters (especially Zabar and MaryGG) have been SO HELPFUL and AMAZING to help us, not to mention extremely generous with their time!

My husband and I will be there in four days (!!!!) and this discussion has been so helpful for us! Check out the Carimar too - no pool, but it's right on Mead's Bay in the West End.

Good Luck!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147238-i388-k1722…

Uni

10. Re: Cheapest way to book Anguilla trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:19