We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limestone Bay Beach

NC
5 posts
Save Topic
Limestone Bay Beach

Has anyone visited this beach lately? There was a beachfront villa, Sand Castle, we were interested in renting but recently saw some disturbing pics from wave damage. The beach was gone!

NC
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

BTW, we would be visiting in mid-July.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

We were just there the day before yesterday. There is still a beach but not as big as it was the last time we were there. Also, swimming is not recommended there as the currents are very strong. Here's a link to a picture I took when I was there...it's not the best but it should give you an idea. …imagecave.com/beachlover/…limestonebay.jpg

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

Your photo is awesome! We've been going to AXA for 19 years and have never seen Limestone Bay is calm. It's beautiful. Looks like the beach is making a comeback. Where is Sand Castle?

Did you happen to go down on Crocus Bay Beach? I'm curious how the beach is there. We stayed in an apartment in Roaches Hill for the winter and enjoyed seeing the activity on this beach everyday. Has the sand returned there?

AXA Beach Bum

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

We drove by Crocus Bay...looked for a place to park but there was no parking..FIrst time I've ever seen it like that! From what we could see the beach looked pretty good. There were quite a few yachts in the bay too. Popular place. If we make it back before we leave I'll post a picture.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

Crocus Bay is a busy, busy place. As early as 6 a.m. there are people exercising,swimming and fishmen preparing to leave for the day.

The bay is a popular spot for the larger yachts to spend the night or several days. We've seen as many as 6 large yachts and 14 cats/sail boats coming in for one night! Lots of interesting things to watch from your balcony.

The sunsets are fabulous.

AXA Beach Bum

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

My favorite sunset shots were taken at Crocus Bay..Here's one from 2006

…imagecave.com/beachlover/…crocus.jpg

It must be heaven to be able to stay for the winter. We're here 15 nights and it's just not enough!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

Hi cj718,

I know the villa Sand Castle and the beach it is on is quite beautiful. The author above is correct that Limestone Bay is not usually as calm as the picture provided, but I have gone swimming there with my 3 children when it is.

As far as the rocks, Limestone was hit very hard; however, the boulders were pushed back and/or removed as seen in that picture.

8. Re: Limestone Bay Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla