We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CA service?

washington, dc
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
CA service?

I am very much looking forward to staying at the CA for our first trip to AXA this November, however I have read a few reviews as of late knocking the service. To sum it up, the reviewers basically said that service was basic at best and bad at worst. Can anyone shed any light on this subject? I realize that the level of service can be somewhat subjective, however the lastest reviews are starting to leave a pit in my stomach. Thanks for any help!

Parsippany, NJ
Level Contributor
294 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CA service?

Zero out of seven people have found that particular review to be helpful. That observation - combined with legions of positive reviews which preceded it - should answer your question.

In case it does not, I concur with your observation. Perception of service is entirely subjective. When I was at CuisinArt in 2005, the staff was fine. Some people expect to be treated like royalty on vacation. I expect my room to be cleaned and my questions to be answered. Housekeeping was the best I've ever seen. I had little need for staff attention, but had no problem when I did. If you hope that rose petals will be tossed before you (like some of the recent reviewers), you may be disappointed.

You will have a wonderful time.

Todd

Berkhamsted, Herts
Level Contributor
57 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CA service?

I am travelling to Anguilla for the first time next month but have visited many other Caribbean islands. I agree with the previous reply that service is highly subjective.

I shall never forget an experience at the bar of my hotel in Barbados. My husband and I had ordered a cocktail each and the fabulous barman was chatting to us at the same time as making them. Another guest was ranting and raving that they weren't being served quick enough (it must have been 5 minutes maximum!!!). Reminder to all - you're on your holiday so slow down. The barman was giving us great service - he was a fun, interesting person, not a robot there to jump to our demands.

I will not tolerate sloppy service (incorrect orders, waiting unacceptable times for food / drinks, poor housekeeping etc.), but not one of the other reviews mentions things of this nature. I am more than happy with my choice of hotel (also CA) and looking forward to my stay very much.

Unwind, relax and enjoy the Caribbean experience!!!

new york
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CA service?

This July will be our first visit to Anguilla and the CA also. After all the positive reviews and lots of research, we made our decision to stay at the CA. I hope that those recent reviews are just random incidences.

Maybe a CA representative (hotel reps usually read these forums) can shed some light.

us
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CA service?

my husband and i were at ca in nov 06.i dont know if things have changed , but the service was excellent.everyone was attentive and pleasant.the manager was always around, he would always come over during breakfast to ask if everything was ok. maybe some people are never satisfied. im sure you are going to have agreat time

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CA service?

sleeplessmom,

DON'T LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS ABOUT SERVICE AT CA!

We have stayed there five years now and the service is a big part of why we come back. The staff is awesome. We've been there enough now that they recognize us by name every year. The pool attendant Sabrina is fabulous-and saw us coming and set us up in our favorite chairs each and every day. On our last day there she asked me what my favorite sorbet had been during the week and brought that kind out special for me.

Garvey at the beach bar is terrific as well and chatted with us a lot.

The general manager comes around to breakfast tables each morning and asks about your stay.

Housekeeping is superb-and pays attention to the usual time you leave the room to clean.

As far as I'm concerned service at Ca is second to none. You will have the time or your life. When in November are you going? That is when we go too.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CA service?

lovethesungal,

Thanks for the reassurance, we can't wait. As long as everyone is friendly at the resort, we will have an awesome time. We are going 11/6-11/11, I wish we could stay longer but we will be leaving little ones behind. How about you?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: CA service?

Hi Sleeplessmom,

You picked a good time to go. The resort should be very quiet. We will miss you I think. we are most likely leaving the day after Thanksgiving and going for eight days. I really wanted to go earlier, but my parents take care of my kids, and we coordinate things around their schedule as they fly to Minneapolis from Florida to watch our girls. I'll write a trip report if you do!

Have a fantastic time.

8. Re: CA service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:19