We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
167 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

I will be taking a day trip to Anguilla in October from SXM.I am very excited to see Anguilla, wish we had booked our trip there instead of SXM! Since we will only be there for a day trip what are the things that you should not miss seeing when in Anguilla? I know we want to go to Shoal Bay (East I think?) to snorkel. Is it worth renting a car for the afternoon? Any thoughts are most sincerely appreciated.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

Lots of things closed in October (all the major resorts and may of the restaurants). Snorkeling on Shoal Bay East is great and there are lots of other beaches but your ride from the ferry to Shoal Bay East will give you a pretty good look at the island. I would rent a car if you want to see other beaches -- otherwise you could get your cabbie to do a tour before or after your snorkeling.

new york
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

We just came back, the ferry cost 15 p/p each way plus 5 per person departure tax each way in cash. Also a lot of bars only accept cash, bring alot it is expensive. The cab to Ku, which is where we were was 26.00 each way. To rent chairs and umbrellas 10 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. We did not rent a car because we got there at 11 am and had to leave by 4:30 because the last ferry was at 6:15. The beach is so beautiful you really need nothing else

Parsippany, NJ
Level Contributor
294 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

One of the "must things" to do on Anguilla is to stay for longer than a day...

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
167 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

good answer!

5. Re: Day trip to Anguilla.....what are the must do things?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 20:18