We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to AXA

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to AXA

For Beantown/New Englanders, with the new air reductions and what not, what are you finding for the best prices and connections from BOS please? I did a search on Kayak and did not like what I saw. I know I can fly into SXM and do the ferry but I will be traveling with my 85 year young Mom and want the easiest plan and for me, I think that is flying.

Thanks...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to AXA

I usually book direct AA..if you're flying into AXA from Boston AA is the only airline. Kayak and Cheapflights etc don't usually have any better deals.

We will be flying into SXM for the first time this year because AA discontinued the early afternoon flight. The only flight in is around 9pm and the only flight out is around 8am. A waste of two whole days! I am already stressing about the ferry! It seems like such a hassle. I tacked on a few extra days just to make up for it though!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to AXA

I cannot give you the best rates but I can tell you that the same route you would take into SXM for the ferry is the one you should consider taking except instead of the ferry, take the 7 minute plane ride to AXA instead. They meet you at the airport, secure your luggage and arrange everything else from then on. Winair is one.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston to AXA

I have to agree with Pepper. Last week I sent my son back on the WinAir flight out of AXA to SXM and then he connected to his USAir flight to CLT and it was easy. I had originally planned on sending him on the Funtime shuttle, but the weather was changing and the boat shuttle was waiting in St. Maarten for the rain to subside before crossing. The flights were leaving on time. He could've gone on a TransAnguilla flight for a $90 fare but the times worked out better with his flight to use WinAir, which was $105. Of course I based my dicision on weather conditions the day before travelling and by the time he left, he probably would have been fine either way. Sometimes weather forecasts get a little ahead of themselves.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston to AXA

What does Winair run from St. SMX to Anguilla? I will also be flying into SMX because AA changed the afternoon flight into Anguilla from San Juan and don't delight over taking the ferry. I arrive in SMX at 3:10 pm.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston to AXA

To check schedules for TransAnguilla, I called 264-497-8698. For Anguilla Air Services, I called 264-498-5922 and they referred me to WinAir at 264-497-2748.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston to AXA

Ann, how was your trip, did you stay at Frangi?

How was the beach did it come back after the storm? There was no beach down by Malli when we left in March.

Have any good food?

Got any news?

Ellen

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston to AXA

Hey Ellen,

I did a day 1, 2 3 trip report..check it out...

It looked like the beach at Mali was sparse..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston to AXA

Carib, I read all your wonderful reports, thanks again for your time.

We were there in March when there was a huge storm, the ferry's stopped running for 3 days, and the waves were tremendous.

Take a look at my pictures from that time, you will be amazed at the change in Meads Bay from the beginning until we departed, when it was starting to settle down.

share.shutterfly.com:80/action/welcome…

Ellen

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston to AXA

Ellen, HOLY MOLY...wicked waves on my birthday no less. Maggie and I wanted some waves ..awell...What is Kokos??

For those on Facebook here is our AXA album:

www.facebook.com/home.php…

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston to AXA

Ellen,

I enjoyed our stay at Frangipani. I travelled with college kids and it was great to have a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out three times a day. The washer/dryer is also a plus when it comes to packing only carry-ons. It was quiet as Carnival was just ending as we arrived. Not all restaurants were open, but we found a few and the resort restaurants were still going strong. I don't know of any new news. This was my fifth trip this season, so I'll probably go less this next year. It was just a very relaxing trip. We all brought books and enjoyed slowing down and reading on the beach.