We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Upcoming Trip

birmingham, al
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
My Upcoming Trip

Ok, my trip is a ways away but I am not motivated for work today so I will be laying out my plans and you fine people can tell me your thoughts/changes to my itinerary.

-Saturday- arriving around 2pm and taking the 3pm Funtime over to AXA. We will be staying at Cap Juluca and dining at Pimms that night.

-Sunday- hanging at CJ all day. Lunch at George's and dinner at Caprice. We will walk to Caprice. From what I've heard here, pretty close walk?

-Monday- in room spa service, then lunch at either Smokey's or Pumphouse and dinner at Picante or Veya. We will be renting a car for Monday and returning it on Wednesday.

-Tuesday- lunch at Trattoria and dinner at Straw Hat.

-Wednesday- as of right now, thinking we'll head over to SXM and cruise around. We don't fly out until 3:30pm so we have options. Any ideas on that?

I had planned to dine at Veya for awhile but the recent bragging of Straw Hat has made that place a definite. I guess I just need to stay one more night!

Oh, and I'm not even leaving until June 6-10th. Ha! The next 7 months shall be looooooong.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Lunch at Smokeys (Caribbean food); the Pumphouse is fun but it's burgers & ribs & pizza kind of food. And actually, unless it's Saturday & they have live music at Smokey's, I'd opt for the Dune which has an unbelievable view & great food.

birmingham, al
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Where is the Dune? Menu?

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Dune Preserve is near the Cuisinart hotel (you can walk there from the Cuisinart beach) - the menu is mostly seafood - but there are also salads, burgers, chicken and ribs on the menu. The view is amazing, the atmosphere is very casual and the staff is great. The restaurant is built like a tree house and each table is in its own separate area and faces rendezous bay. It was very unique.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Upcoming Trip

I agree with Mary. Trade the Pumphouse lunch for a Dune Preserve or even a Luna Rosa lunch.

The rest of your itinerary for meals sounds just about perfect. And do go over to St. Martin before flight time for a new kind of flavor. The restaurants are excellent and the shopping is definitely superior to AXA.

Nothing like planning ahead, dontcha know! :-)

birmingham, al
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Upcoming Trip

How far a drive is Dune Preserve from Cap Juluca?

Since we will be doing Italian at Caprice and TT I will probably skip Luna Rosa.

Also, what beach is Dune on?

Are there better days to go to Dune when bands/music will be playing?

Thanks everyone...

anguilla
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My Upcoming Trip

The Pumphouse is open for dinner only and the tuna gorgonzola salad is amazing!

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Sam,

Dune Preserve is on Rendezvous Bay right next to (west of) Cuisinart. Not sure how far from Cap Juluca but it looks to be 2 bays east of Maundays bay where Cap is located.

birmingham, al
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Where would I park? Is there parking at Dunes or would I just park at Cuisinart?

Vermont
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My Upcoming Trip

You really should try to make it to Shoal Bay, the beach here is gorgeous and there are quite a few casual restaurants located here. Sunday is a really fun day here with music usually at Gwen's and Elodia's.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Upcoming Trip

Dune is approximately 10 minutes tops from Cap Juluca.

There is some parking. It's down a bumpyish road and someone else will have to tell you how to approach it.