We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carimar

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Carimar

We stayed at Carimar last November right after Omar hit. Most of the flowers and grass in the courtyard were damaged and there wasn't much blooming at that time.

I was wondering if anyone has seen it lately and if the flowers have recovered?

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Carimar

Bump

We've stayed there in the past and are thinking of going again. Any info on this? More importantly to us, was and is the beach still as beautiful as ever? Thanks

louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Carimar

Does Carimar have a pool?

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Carimar

No pool, restaurant or bar; it's very low key.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carimar

Island Devil

The beach is as beautiful as ever. At least it was in November when we went. I don't think the hurricane had much effect on it at all.

Missouri
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carimar

Sat on the beach in front of Carimar today! Bouganvillias growing up around the balconies. Area to the side was a little unkept, but the beach was magnificent! Standing neck deep I could see my feet on the ocean floor. Meads Bay was beautiful. Big construction (Viceroy?) at the very far end. great for walking and snorkeling. Pretty Central to lots of restaurants, shops etc if you have a car. Most of the island looks great... Cant hardly tell there was a hurricane except at Shoal Bay West by cove castles... Off to Barrel Stay for dinner..... and more crazy driving on the left! Havin a sublime time mon!

NYC
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Carimar

Can you please tell me what's wrong w/beach at Covecastles??

Going on Sunday!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Carimar

Mead's Bay has fully recovered from Omar. The Carimar gardens are beautiful. The sea was calm and swimmable when we were there the other day.

Hey, Lives for Vacation, I hope you enjoyed your stay. We've look at your villa from our verandah. I hope your vacation was great and that it was more than you'd hoped for! Sorry we didn't get to meet.

AXA BB

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carimar

To be up to my neck in Meads Bay, Oh my heart be still!

So glad the flowers have all come back. Thanks for the good news.

Just three weeks from today we will be there.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Carimar

There the other day and in 3 weeks, lucky folks! I think I need to plan a trip. I'm craving a return visit; it's been too long!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Carimar

Thank you so much for these details! We'll be there in about 12 days and are so glad to hear how it's come back!

Can't wait - the count down is on!