We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

Hi!

We are planning a wedding for us and about 35 - 40 guests in November. I've read through many of the related posts, but have some specific questions.

We are looking to rent out a private villa - doesn't really matter how many bedrooms - but here is what does matter:

On the beach

Great pool & pool area, jacuzzi

Pool and living area must accommodate all of our guests for parties comfortably.

Modern, very clean accommodation

No noise restriction - ex: quiet after 10pm

Private

We have looked at Sheriva (not on beach), Cap Juluca (no noise after 10) & Tenemos (still looking into) - so something in that price bracket is okay - Altamer is WAY too much!

I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

Beach Court Villa has your name on it -- it's perfect -- on the beach & no noise restrictions! (www.beachcourtvilla.com) I also know that Graham (chef/owner at Barrel Stay) does a wonderful job catering at weddings your size. There -- problems solved!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

Thanks Mary! Definitely not a problem (yet), haha!

I would love to hear if anyone has had a wedding there. It looks lovely.

I welcome more opinions!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

Can't go wrong with Temenos - Sea Villa.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

I would also look at Bird of Paradise villa!

Boston
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

I got married last night at Sheriva. I have to say, it was perfect in every way and the staff went above and beyond. I feel like I have known everyone here for years! They made it a truly sepcial day for us.

If you rent the villa, you get a golf cart to take back and forth to the beach, so it was not an issue for us to not be directly on the beach. And the staff at the villa is exceptional.

To be honest, with the service I have experienced at Cap J in the restaurant, and the food at Pimms, I would not recommend a wedding there. We all thought Pimms was terrible. And it is a really beatuful setting - we wanted to love it.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

You might also look at Cerulean on Barnes Bay

Shoal Bay, Anguilla
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

I own BeachCourt Villa and would be happy to discuss our suitability for your wedding. We have had a number of others.

We have all of your "must-haves" with the exception of a jacuzzi.

Sounds like a great time.

Steven

www.beachcourtvilla.com

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

I am very fond Sheriva and had a wonderful time there. Before going, the beach issue seemed to loom in our minds, but once we arrived it was a non-issue at best. We rather enjoyed zipping to the beach in the golf cart (they upgraded us to 2 golf carts as there was no one in another villa) and the service is just amazing. As another post said, you leave there feeling as though you have known the staff your whole life. The villas are very modern and you can party on those wide terraces until dawn. Other than not being directly on the beach, I feel comfortable recommending Sheriva. They really are indeed professionals and will go above and beyond for you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

I third Sheriva highly. You have no idea what a spectacular place it is until you are actually there.

It also gives you the biggest bang for your buck.

PM me if you want to for more "info!!" (if TA will allow my posts to go through -there is something mysterious going on with them).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Villa Wedding on Anguilla!

Thanks guys!

My only hesitation with Sheriva is that they have a curfew of 12 midnight and I think my friends will want to go all night, haha!

If anyone has any vendor recommendations - DJ, band, Baker, Caterer, etc, that they had an exceptional experience with, I would love to hear it!!

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla