We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

I've always taken Funtime and they have always been great! Thinking about trying Shauna this time since it's half the price. However, I notice it leaves at 2:30 and we arrive at 1:50. Think we can make it or should I stick with Funtime that leaves at 2:45?

Thanks!

Phila
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

OK now I am confused = I contacted shauna and they have my flight info and confirmed my ride as if I were chartering them for myself? I am fine if they are not - but is there a chance it will leave?!!!! I am paying $150 round trip for 2 adults, 1 six year old and a toddler

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

I booked Shauna last year and they charged the same rate as if it were a scheduled departure time. I was arriving between scheduled departure times and they said they would leave when my flight arrived. There were others on my flight who had not booked with Shauna or anyone else and they joined us on the transfer (so we would have been the only two on the boat).

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

I may be wrong, but I don't think Shauna does private charters. They are scheduled.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

Doesn't Funtime generally recommend an hour from your scheduled arrival time to leaving on the shuttle? You can do it in under an hour if you're one of the first of the plane, don't check any luggage, and encounter short immigration lines. The Shauna schedule with only 40 minutes is definately a push.

Phila
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

this is what I got - do you think I have an issue?

Hi,

We are delighted to reconfirm shuttle arrangements as follows:

ARRIVAL:

March 20 - US Airways flight arriving at SXM at 1:33pm Confirmed 2:30pm to AXA

RETURN:

March 29 - US Airways flight leaving SXM at 2:35pm Confirmed 11:00am to SXM

The fare is correct at US$160 total for 2 adults and 1 child. One of our agents will be there to meet you. Please look for the Shauna Ferries sign once you have departed immigration/customs. Shauna Ferries is docked just across from the airport within walking distance. The taxi shuttle is US$3:00pp if it is required.

You should arrive at Blowing Point at approximately 10:45am as you are confirmed on the 11:00am shuttle to

St. Maarten.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
264 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

wow - that is inexpensive - do you have a contact for shauna?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

Here's the link I used:

www.best-stmartin.com/detail.asp…

Had very good experience with them last year.

The hotel booked with Shauna for me but you can contact them directly.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

We had about the same timeframe last July on a Tuesday afternoon. They met us at the airport and we were fine. We were the only ones they were waiting for but then we left late anyway and made an extra stop! I doubt they would leave without you!!

9. Re: Arriving at 1:50pm, think I can catch Shauna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 07:18