We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shauna Ferry

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Topic
Shauna Ferry

What chance would I have to make the 2:30 ferry from sxm to axa if my flight arrives at 1:44? And...if I make a reservation for the 2:30 ferry and miss it, will I be able to take the 5pm ferry...or will I be out of luck? Does anyone have email address for Shauna Ferry?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shauna Ferry

Here is the website for Shauna. It has a phone and an e-mail link. I used them last year and if I remember, we got in around 11:45 and took the 12:30 ferry. I remember we got to Blowing Point, stopped at our hotel on Mead's Bay, checked in and got to Gwen's on Shoal Bay East with rum punch in hand by 2:00. I plan to book the Shauna again this year.

www.best-stmartin.com/detail.asp…

ny
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Shauna Ferry

i just called from ny - that phone number is

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shauna Ferry

myshaunaVI@hotmail.com

There is a 4:00 Shauna not listed on their schedule you can take if you miss the 2:30. Our plane arrived at 1:55 and we made the 2:30 Shauna. It left a little late and we actually ended up waiting.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shauna Ferry

I'm leaving for my trip in less than 2 weeks. My plane lands at 11:45 and I assumed I'd miss the 12:30 ferry so I planned on the public. Now I saw this posting and I'm wondering if I should try for the 12:30. Can anyone tell me if you pay ahead of time? What happens if I miss it? I would want to then just take the public one, but would I get stuck paying for the Shauna?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shauna Ferry

Last year, our hotel took care of booking the Shauna for us. We had about 35 minutes from the time the plane landed and the Shauna was scheduled to leave. There was someone from Shauna at the airport waiting for us and the ferry did not leave without us. If I remember, we paid on the ferry. I would ask when you book or ask the hotel if they are making the reservation for you.

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shauna Ferry

Jules,

You do not pay ahead of time but you would have a reservation so they would be expecting you. If you missed it they would expect your to take their next scheduled ferry. It may be possible to tentatively schedule with them for the possibility of making the early shuttle with telling them ahead of time that you would not be interested in their later shuttle and would be taking the public ferry. I would imagine it depends how full they are if they would allow you to do something like this.

You could always not schedule at all and if you get there in time, try to connect with them. All the shuttles are very competitive and seem to have representatives at the airport trying to get you on their boat last minute. Just ask someone on the sidewalk in front of the airport where the Shauna people are and they will direct you.

Of course there is always the possibility that they will have no one scheduled and may not be at the airport if you do not let them know you are coming. But you will most likely be able to connect with the Link or Cheers shuttle in that case or if all else fails head for the public ferry.

Again, if your plane is on time, you should make it. We did it even with checked luggage.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shauna Ferry

I will definitely have checked luggage, which is why I didn't think I'd make it. I think I'll contact Shauna and see what they say. Otherwise, I'll take your suggestion of not booking and hope they're at the airport. If not, I'll take the public. (I don't want to wait for a 2:30)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shauna Ferry

axa beachlver,

I emailed Shauna about my flight next week. I land at 11:45 and they said I have time to make the 12:30 and even if I'm late, they'll hold the boat so you should be fine - just give them a heads up. They'll ask for your flight info and time, anyway, so I think you should be ok.

9. Re: Shauna Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla