We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Little Bay

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Little Bay

I am day tripping to anguilla from St. Martin and I plan on visiting Little Bay and Shoal Bay anguilla. Is Little Bay accesible by rope or do i need to get a taxi to Crocus and bay and have a boat take me to Little Bay. Also how much would the cab fare be. I am just wondering the cheapest and easiest way to get to Little Bay. Thanks in advance,

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Since you want to go to Shoal Bay East, the island's most famous beach, I'd suggest taking the taxi there and then getting Junior Fleming, who operates a glass bottom boat there to take you to Little Bay. His rates are reasonable and everyone who ever goes out with him loves him! I fondly refer to him as "The Pied Piper of Shoal Bay East" as no one knows more about the ocean. His contact # is:

264.235.1008 (cell)

http://junior.ai/#junior

anguilla-shores.com/Captain-Jr-Fleming.html

http://www.anguillaforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6218&highlight=junior+fleming

Enjoy your day and beware...I've met many day trippers who were so blown away by the breath taking beauty of AXA's beaches they ended up staying for a night or 2. ;~>

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Thank you very much for the information. How much do you think the taxi will cost, and does Captain Fleming drop you off in Little Bay or is it just and 1.5 hour stay.

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Is there any way to get to sandy island, prickley pear, and little bay, and shoal bay in a day.

I was wondering if i get a taxi to shoal bay, is it reasonable to go to all 3 and is it at all economical. Thank you in advance for any help or responce.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Glad to share information, it's the beauty of Tripadvisor! ;~> I haven't heard of an operator doing all three but I'm sure if you're willing to negotiate the price you can probably make it happen. Junior can go to all three on his boat and if not he'll be really good about directing you to someone who can accommodate you. If he takes you to LB from SBE he stays with you as it's not really cost effective I think for him to go and come back.

I went to Prickly Pear on the trip we just returned from in late April and the snorkeling was good there. Generally to get to PP you leave from Sandy Ground. The day we were there the Juluca Star was doing all three I believe for only one couple and needless to say, the JS is a beautiful top-of-the- line boat. Junior's boat is lovely too it just sits lower in the water and his huge glass window allows you to see the ocean floor as your travel.

The only thing to hope for is calm seas. I've being going to AXA since 2002 and only made to PP this trip as every other time we've been on the island weather conditions have led to the trip being canceled. The Atlantic side is calmer during the summer months per Junior.

Chocolat does a day charter that includes lunch and stops at SI and PP but not LB. Not sure you want to be tied to that schedule though it includes lunch on PP. Junior might be your best pricing option.

Good luck with making it happen. I'm a PADI certified diver and avid snorkeler so I'm definitely on your frequency on planning a day of ultimate snorkeling in AXA.

ENJOY!! ;~>

ohio
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Nature Boy would be able to get you to all three places in a day & would typically charge by the hour, although you might be able to negotiate a price for the day like a fishing trip.

He would likely be willing to pick you up at Shoal Bay in the boat or meet you in Island Harbor.

He can be reached at 264-729-5587 or 718-878-5370.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Why don’t you just go on one of the snorkeling trips out of St Martin?

Seems as if that would be the way to go, rather than trying to coordinate taxis and boats once you are on Anguilla.

If you do take the ferry to AXA, you could get a taxi to Crocus Bay from the ferry, $10.00 (approx) one way, or a taxi from the ferry to Shoal Bay East would be approx $25.00 each way. Once you get to Crocus Bay, you will see Calvin parked in the water, he will take you to Little Bay, I think he charges $10.00 or $15.00, but what will you do with your belongings while you are snorkeling? You will need your passport with you to get on Anguilla – you aren’t going to leave it and your belongings on the beach unattended while you snorkel, so you will need a waterproof carrier for your money and passport while you are snorkeling – I don’t snorkel, but it seems as if that would be cumbersome.

If you go to Shoal Bay East, find Junior, he is highly regarded, I think he charges $40.00 – $45.00 per hour, I have read varying amounts. Perhaps you can negotiate with him for the day and get to all the places you want to go.

Enjoy your trip.

Ellen

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Little Bay

I've done all three with Gotcha (that's a typical half-day trip with them) and they can also pick you up in St. Martin. Just email gotcha@anguillanet for more information or call 264-235-7902.

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Little Bay

i am thinking about taking a ferry to anguilla then a taxi to SBE then have capt. fleming take me out for 5 hours or so for around 200$ to LB, SI, and PP. Does this sound like a practical solution or is it more expensive then it has to be. thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Are you not wanting to go on a tour from SXM because you want privacy? The Lambada charges $85.00/pp, they stop at Sandy Island and Little Bay, Wed and Fri or PP and LB on Tues and Thurs.

If you're trying to be cost effective, this would be the way to go - you could do both trips direct from SXM for less than you are planning on spending on one trip. And, in this economy, you may get lucky and just have a few people on the boat.

Here is the link for the info:

www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php…

I am not trying to deter you from your plan with Junior, just giving you another option.

Ellen

ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Little Bay

Im not really picky and privacy isnt a huge priotity to me but i wouldnt want to be crowded on little bay. I know am planning to take a taxi from blowing point to Little Bay then if i can take a tour to sandy islands then take a taxi from Little Bay to Shoal Bay then a taxi from Shoal Bay to Blowing Point.

-Is there any way to get to sandy island from crocus bay or little bay

-is it possible to get to little bay without going to crocus bay, i have heard of some people using a rope to get down to the beach. I wanted to do this if it was possible because i think you can get good pictures from above little bay.