We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

http://www.pjiae.com/soualiga-lounge.html

This lounge was in the US Airways terminal at Princess Julianna airport. For 20.00 each, you get a comfortable setting, free snacks, soft drinks and wine - newspapers, and free wifi.

I did not see it on time, or I would have gone in, rather than sitting out in the terminal with all the noise.

We were there early and this would have been a great deal. I paid 2.00 each for water, and 4.00 - FOUR DOLLARS for a 1/4 lb of candy - which I did not need.

Ellen

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

great news...I usually sit outside the snack area near the check in and surf the internet and drink my last Ting before I head back to the other side of the water...

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

It is a great place to wait for your flight for a reasonable price. We have used it ever since the new terminal opened, without fail!

As there is only one terminal used by all airlines, "US Airways terminal" is a bit of a mis-nomer - probably close to the gate that US was using on that day.

Directions: once through security, turn right and walk as far as you can, it is on your right (i.e. opposite the gates). There is a sign, but you might miss it if you are not looking for it.

Edited: 05 December 2009, 23:42
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Can you go if you are on Jet Blue- is t far? xoo Gigi

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Am I missing something here?

Did you say $40 for 2 and everything is "free"? Well, why not? You just paid 40 dollars for a soda and some snacks.

Egads! I could have had 2 Veya paninas and a coke!

But the airport is so nice now and not the least bit crowded. I am not sure that it sounds like such a fine deal.

Now if it were completely free...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Pepper - I thought $40 was a great price - I would have paid $100 to get away from the loudspeakers, buzzers and screaming kids. I will be on the lookout for it next time - the sign only says "Business Class Lounge", very small and hidden.

AXA regular - thanks for the info!!

Ellen

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Gigi follow AXA regular's directions.

US Airways told us to get there 3 hrs in advance -which we did, (we don't usually use them), so we thought we better follow their rules. We were sitting around the terminal and I was going nuts listening to all the noise and started walking, I ran across the sign for the lounge and was kicking myself that I did not see it sooner. I would have been in there in a hearbeat.

I thought it was a great deal, the comfort and convenience of a FF lounge without the high fees.

Ellen

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Gigi, it is not as if the SXM terminal is huge, so whatever gate your plane is on, you can use the lounge. There are boarding announcements (and monitors) in the business class lounge, so you can really relax.

Pepper, if you have to wait a few hours, then paying $20 each is worth it for us, like it would be for Ellen. But of course, if you think the benches in the departure area are fine for you and can find seats where you are not crowded out by neighbors that are loud, jumping up and down or otherwise annoying you, then of course you can save yourself the money.

Like everything else, it depends on personal preferences where you spend your money. And maybe I should not encourage everyone to use the lounge. It might get too crowded...LOL

Edited: 06 December 2009, 07:49
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Pepper, you say that the terminal is nice and not in the least bit crowded. While I agree with the first bit, the second bit is certainly not true on Saturday late afternoon in the high season when all the wide bodies seem to be leaving just about at the same time. And that's when our once-weekly flight tends to leave as well.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

Okay, I think we might be talking about two different things.

First, we don't sit for 3 hours in the airport, we sit for 1 1/4. (Funtime at 1:30 gets us there at the latest 2:15 where we wait for the shuttle to take us to Juliana and check-in (another 15 minutes?)

Second, we don't sit downstairs where our flight leaves with all the tight benches and screaming kids and people eating non-stop in your face and luggage all around you. We sit upstairs where the boutiques are and not many "screaming" people around at all and eat our Geraud's sandwiches. Nearer to the time, we then go downstairs where our flight is.

Maybe that makes the difference for us.

AXAReg: We usually are also Sat. flyers being that US Air goes non-stop on weekends only ('cept for rare times in-season end of Feb. and March).

Edited: 06 December 2009, 13:43
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Business Class Lounge at SXM Airport

The lounge is in the "A" gate section.

That airport was a zoo last Saturday, long TSA lines, then they had this strange LOUD buzzer going off every minute - similar to a fire alarm - that went on for an hour, along with a bunch of kids that were running, screaming, playing hide and seek (parents totally oblivious), the lounge seemed like a very good alternative, but, by the time I saw it, we only had an hour left. But, next time, I will look for it as soon as we arrive.

We took GB Express - 35.00 each and they got us there in record time - really a great crew.

Ellen