We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Topic
Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Hi All,

My husband and I are heading back to Anguilla for trip #3 in February (we can't wait!) and I wanted to ask "the experts" and others about these three dining options. I know that there will be an array of opinions, which is what I'm looking for!

We've dined at Malli's restaurant the other 2 times we've been, but I wasn't sure if I should consider Pimm's or Blue as well? We definitely can't afford to do all three, nor do we want upscale for every meal (we love the Pumphouse's nachos!). The beach buffet that Blue offers sounds really interesting, but I'm really looking for amazing and fun and romantic all at once. That said, would Pimm's be a better option?

Finally, should we do Pimm's and Blue and skip Malli this time? Not sure I could do that, though, it's always my favorite!

Thanks SO MUCH for the imput!

Best to all,

Uni

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Knowing how subjective this can be, my personal choice of your selections would definitely be Pimms and Malli.

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Thanks, Pepper! I am still intrigued by the Blue buffet...Is it new? Have any of you experienced it?

Thanks again!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Blue has a Friday night BQ buffet from 6:30-10 pm. ($85pp) Tables and chairs are set up right on the beach. Romantic and not very crowded. The food I sampled was good. (I went to Pimms that night). Can't speak for Mondays but on other days, Blue does not serve dinner. Not familar with a lunch buffet.

In addition to Pimms, I have been to Spice next door. Both are good and dinner only.

Have you tried Veya. While I have not been to all, IMHO, Veya is the most most romantic place. The lighting is perfect and its food and service are consistently good. It also has a singer on certain nights that serenades the tables.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Happy 2010! I wouldn't describe Pimms as "fun" but it's a gorgeous setting for delish dining and since you've done Malli 2x already, isn't it time to branch out? As to buffet offerings, the lobster buffet at CuisinArt is a lot of bang for your buck ; the food is scrumptious, with an incredible salad bar comprised of fresh offering from their hydroponic farm and organic gardens. There's also a live band and a dance floor. If one of you doesn't eat lobster, not to worry, there's curried chicken, fish and other gourmet offerings.

I've been to the beachfront buffet at Cap back when Blue was George's and while they didn't serve lobster, there was grilled crayfish which most Anguillians consider the ultimate crustacean. With the lit torches it was a really dreamy setting. Be sure to get there early enough to get a table close to the beach

Another thing to consider if you did the buffet at CA, you could walk through the property and then across the beach to finish your evening with a night cap at Dune Preserve on a night Bankie was had entertainment.

It's a short and safe stroll as the beach is patrolled by CA's security team. Nothing like dancing the dinner calories away...LOL!

Wherever you end up, you're sure to enjoy a marvelous evening. ;~>

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

wow thats such a great idea I may have to rethink some things and do the CA BBQ and the Dune cool idea...

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

;~> Glad to be helpful ewdshy! If either of you like sweets, the dessert offerings will be the icing on the cake to a great dinner, pun intended...LOL!!! CA also is the only place I've ever had a frozen mojito. Yuuuuummmmmy! ;~> The dinner included a design your own soup bar. CA goes out of their way to optimize what they grow on the property. My friend, who is a Whole Foods shopper said it was the best salad she'd ever had in her life. My two Spiney lobsters were a culinary trip to the moon. ;~> Luckily I'm not into sweets so I didn't need to save any room..LOL!!!

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Fozen mojito did you say? Peppermint on ice. I can feel the brain freeze already but I've got to try it.

Thanks Lucian!

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

OH MY GOSH that sounds heavenly and just what we're looking for!!! What night is the BBQ at CA? Is there only one night that they do this? If not, is one night any better than any other? This truly sounds like JUST what I was looking for! :-) THANK YOU!!!

Yes, I agree that it's time to branch out...I have to work on that! I get stuck at one place I love and it's hard for me to then leave it!

We've had reservations at Veya the 2 times we've been to Anguilla, we just never seemed to get over there. We cancelled in advance, usually to stay in and have Un Amore delivery! :-)

Thanks again all! I think it will be a great change for us and will help my goal of branching out! lol!!!

Uni

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Daffy & Uni, always happy to share any info I have to enhance someone else's stay on the island we all love. Daf, I'm not even a big mojito fan, CA is really the only place I like the drink ;~>

Uni, here's the info on CA's buffet nights:

LOBSTER BARBECUE

Tuesday 7:00 pm–10:00 pm

This international buffet offers delectable dishes from all parts of the world. The aromas of grilled lobster will captivate you, and live cooking stations with pasta, soup, beef and more will keep you coming back, but save room for the fabulous desserts, too! Festive music by local talent rounds out your evening.

CARIBBEAN NIGHT

Friday 7:00 pm–10:00 pm

Join us for Caribbean Night, CuisinArt style! Indulge in and celebrate our local heritage with flavored salads, fish soup, johnnycakes, jerk pork, and more, along with a live grilled lobster station. Our desserts offers truly wonderful creations that are a perfect finish to your meal. Live entertainment creates the perfect tropical feel.

Also, here's the link to their site to call and check on the pricing:

www.cuisinartresort.com/view.php…

Enjoy your day ladies!! ;~>

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pimms, Malli, Blue?

Lucian

My husband has a sweet tooth bigger than Anguilla - he'll die when I tell him about this - if he likes anything better than sweets it's Lobster ... any kind... I think we may have to do this. I often find it hard to be at Cuisinart for too long when I'm not staying there -I'm afraid some unsuspecting guest will find me curled up on their patio the next morning... sounds great for Friday night I'll have to go over our "list".