We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

We'll be at Cuisinart for a week in early May. I would love to hear tips about what you most enjoy about Cuisinart - especially tips on the "little things" about the resort we shouldn't miss.

I also have a couple of questions:

1. We were sent a form on which we could request that our refridgerator be stocked with certain items. I'm assuming that lets me request, for example, extra diet sodas instead of regular, extra bottled water instead of liquer, etc., and that there is no extra fee for stocking these items (as opposed to using them). Is that correct?

2. Has anyone done the "Mediterranean Night" with Greek tapas and music - apparently at the Beach Bar? If so, how was it? We''re not sure yet whether we will have a car on our first night there, and are considering just eating at the hotel the first night.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Hi! I will be at the Cuisinart in early May too! This will be my third stay at the hotel.

I can't answer your specific questions (as I have not done either the special request for the fridge or the beach bar night) but I can tell you some things I enjoy.

Don't miss:

The Hydroponic Garden Tour

3pm Sorbet every day on the beach

The Manager's Cocktail Reception- a fun way to talk to the manager and employees of the hotel

And prepare yourself for the welcome rum punch- it packs quite a hit!

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Can you tell me when you received the form? I'm going there in a couple weeks and haven't received anything. I emailed them at one point asking how I can make requests (non smoking room, etc), but never received a response.

Thanks!

Patrice

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

I've been going to Anguilla since 2002. Usually I stay at Shoal Bay Villas as I love the shore snorkeling but I had a glorious time at CuisinArt last April. Highlights were:

The Chef Table Dinner - a one-of-a-kind dining experience on the island. With their executive chef, sommelier and pastry chef introducing each course and spirit every course was pure pleasure. We were told our group was the best. ;~>Chef Daniel sat down with us during dessert and we enjoyed a great candid conversation about his culinary background and his time in AXA.

Must do! - either the Lobster Buffet or Caribbean Buffet - The only time you'll be able to have all the spiney lobster you can eat, plus the best organic salad bar fixins ever!!! Add the ambiance of Santorini's indoor/outdoor dining room, and the live band to dance off the dessert offering under the stars and it's beyond a win-win.

Walking the length of Rendezvous Bay ever morning. The only thing better is walking Shoal Bay East to the end of Upper Shoal Bay, I saw double rainbows there.

Hanging out next door at Dune Preserve with Bankie Banks and his crew. Great setting, great music...

Playing dominoes with Garvey Lake and his brothers at the Sugar Shack between CuisinArt and Anguilla Great House.

Needless to say, any spa treatment is icing on this divine "cake".

Enjoy!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Would love to hear more about the Chef's Table experience. Do you have to be a guest of the resort to reserve, or would they accept a dinner reservation from non-guests?

If you feel comfortable sharing, would you give us an idea of how much it is per person for the dinner and wine? Tried to find it on the website but wasn't successful.

Thanks!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a guest of the resort. You're seated in a private dining room with a counter and access to their main kitchen. Exquisite timing as every course is served to each diner simultaneously. From the first cocktail to dessert this is a celebration of the artistry of fine dining. The group is limited to the # of chairs at the table, it may be 8 or 10.

How much? I want to say it was upwards of $150 per person and you can have it paired with the wine or without which is needless to say higher. Trust me it was well worth it!! ;~>

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Thanks for the tips - keep them coming! Just the sort of things I love to hear about.

Patricel - I got a "guest request" sheet, along with a letter confirming the reservation in March, about a month after I reserved the trip. (I had to e-mail the hotel directly - the confirmation package promised over their toll-free line never showed up.)

Lucian - I'm glad to hear good reports about the Chef's Table and the buffet - I've heard very little about the meals at Cuisinart on this board. One of the guidebooks praises the buffets as the best on the island, so I've been suprised - and a bit concerned - to hear so little about them here. Thanks for the endorsement. (I've already reserved one spa treatment, and am likely to do another, too.)

Anne - thanks for the tips - I didn't know about the Manager's Reception, and I'll make sure I don't down that rum punch too fast!

Keep them coming, folks - I love hearing about these things!

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

The Chef's Table sounds nice! I just emailed the concierge to get more details and to see if it is available when we are there.

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

I heard back from the concierge and the Chef's Table is $175 per person and includes the wine pairing.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

Got married at Cuisinart 5 yrs ago. We will be there for our anniversary on May 2nd for a week. Do not miss the Lobster Dinner Nite! The Hydroponic tour is awesome. Maybe we'll run into each other. You can't miss us. We will be with our lovely 18 month old daughter, Delilah.

10. Re: Cuisinart Questions and Tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 06:34