We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Boston...
Level Contributor
279 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Food

Thinking about Anguilla for 9 days 8 nights and want to know the average cost a night/day on lunch and dinner.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

There are over 80 restaurants on Anguilla with varying prices so it's impossible to answer your question. You can find everything from an inexpensive roti lunch (say under $20US for two) to a very high priced gourmet meal with premium wine costing several hundred dollars per person. Your screen name indicates you've done some traveling - the cost of meals on Anguilla are no different than any other vacation destination - it depends on where and what you eat.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
800 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

CaribSurfer is right. It looks as though you may have visited Provo. The prices on Anguilla are about the same. You can opt for your meals cheap or go all out just depends on your preference. Either way, Anguilla is an island full of flavor!

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

Almost all of the restaurants also have their menus (including prices) on their web sites so that you can see exactly what you are looking at in terms of prices. As people have said.......hard to give an average price as there are options at all price points.......and depending if you do appetizers, desert, wine etc......the price even at the same restaurant can vary widely.

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

Woops.....i trust you won't eat desert......that was supposed to be dessert!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Food

If you want to browse a few restaurant menus, the Tourist Board web site has listed a few. They have them sorted between fine dining and casual.

anguilla-vacation.com/activities/dining-nigh…

Another source is the Gourmet Dining Guide, which you can pick up at the airport or view online at

skyviews.com/sv/…IS_AI_ENTERTAINMENT.ASP

I can't say how up-to-date either are, but it will give you an idea.

Edited: 04 May 2010, 18:58
Connecticut
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food

So much depends on how you like to order and eat. We just returned from a week in Anguilla, and ate dinner out 4 nights, and all of the meals were in the range of about $150, plus or minus $20, for one or two starters, two entrees, one dessert and a bottle of wine. The other three nights we ate in at our villa, really nice simple meals that we put together with grilling and simple sautes and a bottle of wine.

Lunches were delicious ribs at Gwen's and Nat's (where we couldn't even finish the ribs and combo and had leftovers for dinner) and spicy snapper and club sandwiches at Straw Hat. With a few beers or iced teas, lunch was around $35-40 for the two of us. We also had some great lunches at "home", with fresh baguettes from Le Bon Pain and Geraud's and grilled meats or salads.

Boston...
Level Contributor
279 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I now can continue on planning my Anguilla trip!

Thanks,

Travelguy1001

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food

I will say of all the islands I've stayed, I found the food in Anguiilla to be the best. ENJOY

Stamford...
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food

Could cost about $200 a day for lunch & dinner & drinks for 2 people. There are alot of inexpensive options. Easy to research on the net.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food

Is this the same travelguy we met at West Bay Club?

Gigi